Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You can't rate a film if you didn't finish it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Although I agree that Ace in the Hole is an excellent movie. I'm not sure it's as visionary as some believe, As the various movie versions of the 1928 play The Front Page and the the 1926 Chicago showed, the Fourth Estate was always considered seamy, especially when a scoop was involved. However, it did solidify Kirk Douglas as the master of the scumbags, following The Strange Case of Martha Ivers and Champion and followed by Detective Story and the Bad and the Beautiful. Wilder was still making superlative sardonic dramas, but he was preparing to transition to his own versions of lighter Lubitschian romances

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Pirates of the River Blood.

A YOUNG Christopher Lee!
That'll be in my next tab, courtesy of TCM. Lee was only 39 when he made that movie, but he had already been in 56 films and, along with Peter Cushing, was the King of Hammer Films.

That'll be in my next tab, courtesy of TCM. Lee was only 39 when he made that movie, but he had already been in 56 films and, along with Peter Cushing, was the King of Hammer Studios.
TCM was how I watched the movie too.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Goodfellas-Rewatch

Every single time this wonderful film plays on TV, I simply have to watch it. Every. Single. Time. I think it's Scorsese's greatest film, and its one of the absolute best films of the 90's.

There's just so much to love about this film. For one it features an eclectic ensemble cast of incredible actors who play extremely interesting characters. The script is insanely good and the movie is endlessly entertaining. I adore the soundtrack(I love me some oldies), and there is a manic energy to this film that very few movies have. Somehow PTA when emulating Scorsese with Boogie Nights was able to capture some of that flair, but thats a subject for a different day. Goodfellas just seems like the culmination of Scorsese's entire career, and even though he is still making great films right now. This is the one to top.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) ~ 6/10

Nothing special but entertaining...at one point I was getting sick of the romance.

Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (1973)

I was surprised how much I liked Kris Kristofferson in this. I saw him in movies before but it's been a long time. James Coburn was also very good as usual. The musical score by Bob Dylan, who also has a role in the film, was awesome. I didn't know that he wrote Knockin' on Heaven's Door for this movie. Well deserving of it's spot on the top 100 Westerns list.

The Last Tango in Paris (1972)

I thought this had some good emotion and some funny sexual dialogue, which I'm not sure was meant to be funny. Marlon Brando is always a captivating actor, and this was no exception. Very slow but I thought it was pretty good. The actress in it should be the spokesmodel for the Brazilian wax for the before part of the before and after. My god I could build a house in that thing.

Does Last Tango have a good chance of making the '70s list or not?

Does Last Tango have a good chance of making the '70s list or not?
Dunno, doesn't get much discussion around here although I'll try and watch it before submitting my list. I remember you posting you liked it in one of the 70s threads and maybe your top 100, I remember you also posted about 1900 and a 70s thread, which surprised me, when it's like five hour long? Gonna try and watch that too.

Founder of DejaScene.com
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) ~ 6/10

Nothing special but entertaining...at one point I was getting sick of the romance.
Did you see them on SNL mocking it? Hilarious.

Who Is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe? (1978)
Silly mystery, excellent cast... well worth your time. 3/5

Peeper (1976)
Not very good, but interesting Neo Noir. It stars Michael Caine, Natalie Wood, Kitty Wynn and Michael Constantine. 3/5

A Woman Under the Influence (1974)
This is a fascinating study of mental illness. I strongly recommend this film, very good. 4/5

Did you see them on SNL mocking it? Hilarious.
Nope, I dont watch SNL but thank you.

The Lives of Others (2006) ~ 6/10

6/10? I had that in my 25 for the Millennium list. There again, the first 10 years of this century were so poor that a 6/10 might actually make your list.