My Top 10 Favorite films released in 2017

Tools    

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
#7 Call me by Your Name

I was very surprised at how much I loved this film. Seeing both actors pull off such a specific kind of experimental infatuation between each other was great, both are so talented. I also loved how simple the romance is and the film never over-dramatizes it, which solidifies this film as believable, but still all the more emotional.

Last Jedi, Baby Driver, CMBYN?

Loving this countdown so far.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

#6 Get Out

This is one of the most special horror films in recent memory. So fun to watch, yet so deeply layered and interesting. I was gripped from beginning to end, and I appreciated the political undertones that never really felt condescending or out of left field.

Get Out was great, and a superb debut for Jordan Peele.

At first, I didn't know how to feel about it, I gave it a
. Then I felt sort-of light on the film with a
. But overtime, it started to grow on me, after a re-watch;

I could tell how confidant Peele was with his directing. He really pulls no punches and takes the satirical aspects of his film to a tea level of execution.

Get Out was great, and a superb debut for Jordan Peele.

At first, I didn't know how to feel about it, I gave it a
. Then I felt sort-of light on the film with a
. But overtime, it started to grow on me, after a re-watch;
I'm glad you like it now! I liked it since the beginning, but I really didn't love it until my second watch.

#5 Lady Bird

This is, without a doubt, a top 15 coming of age flick for me. It's been a while since I've seen one handled with so much care, both in the directing and the writing. This film captures the spirit of being a teenager so perfectly, and it surprised me how genuine it felt. I adore this film.

#4 IT

I know I loved this more than most people on here, but what can I say? I'm a sucker for Coming of Age flicks, and well-made horror films, mix both of those things and I'm sold. Scary, funny, charming, and heartwarming, I have not loved a horror movie this much since 2013's The Conjuring

#3 War for the Planet of the Apes

One of the most complete experiences in a theater. This film was beautiful, both in it's aesthetic, and in the powerful character storytelling. There hasn't been a trilogy/franchise in the last couple of years that has resonated as loudly with me as this one.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I find both your comments very encouraging to see this movie.

IT - I said earlier today I have to rewatch this because I dont think I was in the right mind frame first time and didnt enjoy it as much as I thought I would, but PotApes I found really disappointing. Still, I'm sure I'll rewatch it at some stage.

#2 The Shape of Water

Breathtaking, and magnificently crafted. I never thought I would be so invested in such an eccentric love story, but every moving part of the picture just came together with so much grace. I'm in love with everything in this film, from Del Toro's incredible directing, to the captivating visuals, and Sally Hawkins' electrifying performance.

I find both your comments very encouraging to see this movie.

IT - I said earlier today I have to rewatch this because I dont think I was in the right mind frame first time and didnt enjoy it as much as I thought I would, but PotApes I found really disappointing. Still, I'm sure I'll rewatch it at some stage.
Yeah, IT was definitely not for everyone, and the people who did like it, generally didn't love it as much as I did, so I know this film might stick out the most in the list. As far as Lady Bird goes, absolutely watch it, and definitely let me know what you think!

#1 Coco

A film at the theater has never made me as emotional as Coco did. The complex story, the incredible and vibrant visuals, the uplifting and heartbreaking sequences, it all just came together to deliver a perfect Pixar experience, and a film that I will love for ages to come.

Hello. My Top 10 Favorite films released in 2017 are Wonder Woman in the first place, then followed by Fifty Shades Darker and Flatliners. The rest of the list consists of: The Man from Earth: Holocene, The Space Between Us, 2:22, Hostile, and Project Eden: Vol. I. Have a nice day!

Hello. My Top 10 Favorite films released in 2017 are Wonder Woman in the first place, then followed by Fifty Shades Darker and Flatliners. The rest of the list consists of: The Man from Earth: Holocene, The Space Between Us, 2:22, Hostile, and Project Eden: Vol. I. Have a nice day!
Thanks for sharing! loved wonder woman but didn't see any of the rest.