Sooo...I'm Transgender!!

Tools    

I usually just ask or go by what I'm told. I'm not so rude as to go digging in someone's reproductive area. I honestly have no definition for male/female or man/woman.
Then why do you care to be one or the other?

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Then why do you care to be one or the other?
don't we all care what gender we are?

honestly, this incessant grilling is kind of absurd. kendra, i'm sorry you constantly have to try to explain the concept of gender and sexuality to people - that must get so tiresome. that's definitely unique to coming out as transgender, i think. and i'm only looking from the outside, but from this perspective, it seems really tedious and annoying.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
don't we all care what gender we are?

honestly, this incessant grilling is kind of absurd. kendra, i'm sorry you constantly have to try to explain the concept of gender and sexuality to people - that must get so tiresome. that's definitely unique to coming out as transgender, i think. and i'm only looking from the outside, but from this perspective, it seems really tedious and annoying.
I find it absurd as well. Kendra is quite happy to answer questions asked out of curiosity or to gain some insight and has not once said to me for eg 'I'm not comfortable answering that' but the bailing up in the corner only to get Well answer the question is obviously very intimidating.

You ready? You look ready.
OK then, you are female.

BTW, you are going to need to return all that extra pay to your employer now: 20 cents on every dollar.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

OK then, you are female.
That's a sex. Not a gender. And you have no way of knowing that.

Originally Posted by John McClane
BTW, you are going to need to return all that extra pay to your employer now: 20 cents on every dollar.
The gender pay gap is a myth.

I usually just ask or go by what I'm told. I'm not so rude as to go digging in someone's reproductive area.
Me neither, but that's a non-sequitur. Asking how someone defines a word is totally unrelated to whether or not you should be going up to random people and ask whether it describes them.

I honestly have no definition for male/female or man/woman.
But you literally just corrected my definition with your own.

I think we need a separate thread on the subject of Transgenderism. I know many of us are just posting our own personal views, BUT this is John McClane's thread about John's own personal experiences, so I'm hesitate to post my general thoughts on the subject, as I don't want to inadvertently make John McClane uncomfortable.

So maybe Yoda could make a general thread on the subject, that way the 'heat is off' of McClane and we can discuss this topic without inadvertently talking about John's personal choice.

honestly, this incessant grilling is kind of absurd.
I don't think this is a fair characterization of what's going on. MattJohn has been given agency over whether the thread is open or closed, and I've personally mentioned a couple of times that I understand if they don't want to discuss it, which I hold to. But they've clearly chosen to dispute some things. Maybe they see it as a good opportunity to correct misconceptions. Maybe they see it as a good way to clarify their own beliefs. Who knows? I'm not going to cast someone as the victim when, as far as I can tell, they're choosing to have these arguments freely.

I think we need a separate thread on the subject of Transgenderism. I know many of us are just posting our own personal views, BUT this is John McClane's thread about John's own personal experiences, so I'm hesitate to post my general thoughts on the subject, as I don't want to inadvertently make John McClane uncomfortable.

So maybe Yoda could make a general thread on the subject, that way the 'heat is off' of McClane and we can discuss this topic without inadvertently talking about John's personal choice.
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=45660

You ready? You look ready.
Me neither, but that's a non-sequitur. Asking how someone defines a word is totally unrelated to whether or not you should be going up to random people and ask whether it describes them.

But you literally just corrected my definition with your own.
No, I just offered another definition, from Oxford I might add and not myself, that defines the two terms in a different way. If this was all obvious stuff, like everyone keeps telling me it is, then wouldn't those definitions be the same? Or at least pretty damn close?