Will there be movies in the afterlife?

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Regardless of what you believe, do you think that we will be able to watch movies after death? In Heaven maybe?

You could post a serious answer, or a comical one. I'd prefer a serious one....but.....

if i can't watch movies after i die, i simply won't die!!!! am i building my movie collection to take it with me?? YES, yes of course i am

I personally hope that the afterlife isn't as boring and limited as life is --- I would rather be part of a movie than be watching it. If I'm just a soul, why not interact in, say, a Friday the 13th movie and be chased around by Jason until I get hacked to death - well, actually, I wouldn't really die, would I? I'd already be dead.

Or maybe you could experience that sex scene with Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct. Or be a dinosaur in Jurassic Park.

When I'm dead, I wanna be freed of my body and I want to do what's impossible in the physical world. I don't want to always sit around in a movie theatre or something - but I would like to have that option available for sometime.

But gee... I don't know if that will happen. If everything is possible, could I ever get bored? Maybe it's strictly limited to life only. Maybe there will be no movies. Maybe we won't need them. Maybe they'll be only a thing for life. Perhaps there will be reincarnation.... who knows?

there's a frog in my snake oil
We'd all be forced to watch Peter Jackson's annoyingly inconsistant Frighteners for eternity, while chanting the various errors

Or maybe we'd all sit and laugh at the sillier science in 6th Day, which seems to posit the idea that everything about our personalities could be reproduced through DNA (forgetting nurture. If they'd said the replicas of the bodies also carried the physical results of their life's experience that might have been alright -but heigh ho [EDIT: well actually, maybe they will, i'm still watching it now That was the pet-cloning sales-pitch bit. Simchords as copies of personality through the eye?? Bah!] They used the dolly-the-sheep experiments too - which have recently "unravelled", along with other experiments by the producing "pharm" which has now gone bust. The dark sides of cloning aren't here just yet, or likely to turn up in the near future. Some complex things can't be simply maniuplated how some people'd like)

Seriously seriously tho, for me there's no way of analysing it "regardless of belief" and talking about it - coz i believe the odds on our personalities continuing after death are miniscule. You could say we live on to an extent in the hole we leave in others' lives, and the works and effects of actions we leave behind. Our bodies, even in cremation, pass their "energies" to the world around us. That's how i see it. So long as my body's not too toxic i'd like to be buried (or scattered) in my local wood - or somewhere green-amongst-the-urban.

Soz Bealey, but the whole idea of a cinema in heaven is just so cute and hilarious to me Will there be heavenly popcorn?

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Will there be movies in the afterlife?
In my afterlife, there will be.

BANNED
Sure, there will be movies in the afterlife, but reality will be far more interesting.

Originally Posted by Golgot
We'd all be forced to watch Peter Jackson's annoyingly inconsistant Frighteners for eternity, while chanting the various errors
I liked Frighteners....

Originally Posted by Golgot
Soz Bealey, but the whole idea of a cinema in heaven is just so cute and hilarious to me Will there be heavenly popcorn?
We can only hope....

Frighteners was cool. But my afterlife will hopefully play out like every great movie ever made. My hell would be every bad movie ever made.