2019 Mofo Film Awards

Tools    

Didn’t vote for the Surprise category. I liked Toy Story 4 and I’m okay about its existence, but I certainly could’ve done without it. The trilogy was fine as it was...

I really want to watch Bait. Never heard of it until I saw it nominated.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
And the Mofo Film Award Goes To...

Certainly not a surprise here, some people voted for Portrait as sympathy votes or maybe they really thought it was better than Parasite, but they were in the minority. Parasite had 9 votes.

I suck at sitting my ass down to watch documentaries, but when I do, I generally have a great time.

But yeah, I didn’t do that much this year so I didn’t vote in this category. I haven’t seen any of the movies.

In Animated my vote was Klaus. It just felt different and it was a nice story. I liked the originality of I Lost My Body too.

I feel a bit bad for the other films nominated for Best Foreign Language Film because there were some really great films nominated, but of course, they didn't stand a chance against Parasite. The only nominee that I didn't like was Monos, but I think the other four deserve to be seen by everyone. Dolor y Gloria and Portrait de la jeune fille en feu are both in my top 10 of the year but how could I vote for anything else than Parasite.

And The Film Award Goes To...

Toy Story 4 put up a fight, but I Lost My Hand was a surprise contender and they both had to settle for second while Klaus took first place. I really liked Missing Link and it got little love, but the generic Lego Movie 2 was left in the dirt.

I didn't vote for Best Documentary, since I don't really watch those...

My favorite animated film was J'ai Perdu Mon Corps, with Toy Story 4 being a close second.

Best Screenplay of the Year

But we must look a little closer. And when we do, we see that the doughnut hole has a hole in its center - it is not a doughnut hole at all but a smaller doughnut with its own hole, and our doughnut is not a hole at all!

I think you are the most annoying person I have ever met. I hate being with you, I hate looking at you... And if I had my way I would never - see you - again.

We discussed things. We were married, we said things. We talked about moving to Europe, about getting a sideboard or what do you call it, a credenza, to fill that empty space behind the couch. We never did any of it.

You're the one with the big mouth, and I would really enjoy closing it, especially in front of all my friends. But my hands are registered as lethal weapons. That means, we get into a fight, I accidentally kill you? I go to jail.

You know what kind of plan never fails? No plan. No plan at all. You know why? Because life cannot be planned. Look around you. Did you think these people made a plan to sleep in the sports hall with you? But here we are now, sleeping together on the floor. So, there's no need for a plan.