Hurt, trained, come back.

Tools    

I'm trying to remember if she received a bunch of new training after Bill tried to murder her or if all of her training was before it.

I do remember she got in a bunch of Sword practice after it. However I can't remember whether or it showed the guy that made the swords teaching her.

Anyways aside from the order it happens in, that definitely has her getting beat with a lot of training and then her beating her opponent.

Oh wait I remember now. It showed her getting beat, her getting trained, and then beating her opponent. In that order. But that order included flashbacks of the training that happened before she got shot in the head. Tricky...

If you're a fan of the Rocky franchise, you should enjoy Southpaw.
Yeah I'll definitely watch it sometime.

By the way did you ever see a movie called Gideon with Christopher Lambert? I think they may have the full thing on YouTube.

He is a developmentally delayed adult who goes to a old people's home, and teaches them to be feel young and brave again.

It has Charlton Heston and some other great old actors in it.

Actually you know what there's a chance that for the story that I'm using this list for inspiration for, that I might make it so some or much of the training is flashbacks.

Never Back Down
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1023111/?ref_=m_nv_sr_7

It's no Rocky, but it's in the better half of the MMA films imo
I know that's one of my favorite movies. I put it second on my list attached to my first post.

I like it over Karate Kid because the main character isn't as much of a dork as Daniel and there's a bit more Dynamic with a girl that he's interested in and she's hotter.

I think he plays it cool by not forgiving her too quickly and easy for betraying him but not holding onto the grudge longer than it was good or strategic to.

I mentioned it as I think it fits the description you're asking about.

Has anyone mentioned Kickboxer ?
No, what is it like?
Old school Jean-Claude Van Damme cheesy greatness. Gets bonus points for inspiring Hot Shots: part deux to dip wraps in M&M's during a fight scene

It's worth it just for this scene alone

Make a better place
There is a Steven Seagal movie called Hard to Kill, not sure if there was a trainer though

There is a Steven Seagal movie called Hard to Kill, not sure if there was a trainer though
He was training on some sort of farm with Kelly Lebrock
Training with or training under?

The one thing I'm sure about Steven Seagal movies is that behind the scenes he is being too rough with the rest of the cast lol

I heard his intensity throttle is stuck on the top setting position whether it is with actors, stunt doubles, or someone trying to kill him on the street. It's all the same to him.

I just hope no children or elderly folk make any sudden movements around him 😄

He was training on some sort of farm with Kelly Lebrock
Training with or training under?

The one thing I'm sure about Steven Seagal movies is that behind the scenes he is being too rough with the rest of the cast lol

I heard his intensity throttle is stuck on the top setting position whether it is with actors, stunt doubles, or someone trying to kill him on the street. It's all the same to him.

I just hope no children or elderly folk make any sudden movements around him 😄
Just on his own, I believe a plank of wood with some wrapping felt the full brunt of his wrath

Actually X-Men Origins: Wolverine fits the pattern of hurt, trained, come back as well. Not so much trained as given enhanced powers, with his indestructible metal skeleton and claws.

Actually X-Men Origins: Wolverine fits the pattern of hurt, trained, come back as well. Not so much trained as given enhanced powers, with his indestructible metal skeleton and claws.
True he doesn't get trained. I was thinking about making another thread where it's about the same format except for trained is replaced.

Which includes all: gaining powers that are apart of person or gaining cybernetic enhancements or a powered suit or a supernatural force at their call. In place of training. Won't really help with the stories I'm writing but still be fun to list. It can be called hurt, augmented, come back.

Wolverine
RoboCop
Iron man
Neverending Story
Meteor Man

Just for some examples

Well I just remembered another one. Forbidden Kingdom