Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

[Sherlock (210-2017)] Thanks for flagging that! Added to watchlist. I don’t think I’ve ever properly seen it — long overdue. Always down for a neurotic Holmes (I say that as someone who’s historically felt none of the adaptations pay sufficient attention to the cocaine addiction, but I guess one can’t have everything. Never liked the Downey Jr. stuff much, though it tried to honour that).

The Basil Rathbone series is charming (and at times disarmingly so). I’m watching it out of order whenever I’m down for something old-fashioned and reliable — expect to get back to it tomorrow.
I think you'll like the series. My description of Cumberbatch portraying Holmes as "neurotic" is really not the right word, but his Holmes is very eccentric.

Also Martin Freeman plays a very intelligent sidekick to Holmes --more as he was portrayed in the novels-- in contrast to Nigel Bruce's rather dim bulb portrayal.

Thanks for the tip — that’ll be my next stop then.
I think it's a genuinely sexy film, beautifully shot, but also very disturbing and funny in its own way.

I think you'll like the series. My description of Cumberbatch portraying Holmes as "neurotic" is really not the right word, but his Holmes is very eccentric.

Also Martin Freeman plays a very intelligent sidekick to Holmes --more as he was portrayed in the novels-- in contrast to Nigel Bruce's rather dim bulb portrayal.
Thank you! I’ll get right on it then. Nigel Bruce was indeed a bit of a clueless Watson, but oh, well. I’m sure there was some reasoning behind it at the time, and I did enjoy how it was played for laughs.

Need to catch up on what’s playing in theatres, so I guess I’ll have to do it. Not my thing at all, but ah well.

Well, this was good for what it was. @Stirchley, Elordi is indeed fantastic in it, it’s almost creepy what a good Elvis he makes (much better than Austin Butler imo). Other than that, the film is fine. It doesn’t make any sort of interesting point about, well, anything, but I suppose one can’t expect too much. It was nice to hear an instrumental version of a good Santana song in the soundtrack. To be fair, Priscilla actually comes off as likeable.

Loved this movie. Jodie Foster stole the show.

Need to catch up on what’s playing in theatres, so I guess I’ll have to do it. Not my thing at all, but ah well.
The reviews have been very very positive about Elordi.

This is not bad. Probably a scandalous claim, but I still preferred ‘Yellowjackets’, though.
I badly wanted to like Yellowjackets, but I got confused by the many characters. Need to try it again.

The reviews have been very very positive about Elordi.
Encouraging!

I badly wanted to like Yellowjackets, but I got confused by the many characters. Need to try it again.
It was pretty confusing; I find ensemble cast shows are very hit and miss, and it is often hard to follow who is who and what’s what (it had two timelines too, which just compounds the problem). This one was by no means perfect, but I really enjoyed it, it had good music and some quite engaging storylines.

Some of my favourite people in the cast, and it’s a horror film. Promising.

Really relate to Roberts saying she hates people.
So far, this is (unintentionally?) hilarious for a horror film.
Loved this! Didn’t realise it was Sam Esmail’s, but now that I know, it makes a lot of sense.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

You know, in the 15+ years I have written reviews, I have never reviewed a single Heather Graham film? Crazy to think about! This film also stars Barbara Crampton, however, who I have reviewed at least half a dozen times by now.

Don't know what movie i will see. May buy some pop corns and watch a movie later.