Dog Question

Tools    

Does your dog sleep on the bed with you?
36.84%
7 votes
Of course
21.05%
4 votes
No way
42.11%
8 votes
Don't have a dog
19 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Mrs. Mose and I were discussing this last night and I thought it would be interesting to see what other dog owners do.

So, if you have a dog(s) do you allow it to sleep on the bed with you?

My Top 100 favorite movies.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
My dog is 20 times bigger than me, so no.

Nope...but she enjoys a comfy bed at the foot of it.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

My dogs sleep pretty much wherever they please, but, yeah, they've slept in my bed before. It's funny, when they do they're always trying to push me off.

Neutral Milk Hotel
my dog is 15 and thats in human years. He could not get up on the bed if his life depended on it.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

We have three dogs... The oldest (about 3 years now) sleeps with us and is my girl. The other two are younger (1 and almost two) and they sleep in their crates, mainly so we can sleep. If we let them all sleep with us it would be wrestlemania on my bed, and not the fun kind either!

The reason I posted the thread is b/c I wonder if I'm the only person who spoons his dog more than his wife? My wife is like asphalt in that she seems to absorb heat all day and gives it off at night. In fact, her skin is so hot to touch she says I've actually yelped in my sleep I'm the type of person who has to have something under my arms and I've always used a pillow, until my dog knocked the pillow out and now sleeps beside me. It's funny really, we have two females and 6 males in our family (me, son, bird, cat, two dogs) and yet I am sandwiched between the two chicks... Perhaps I will have to rethink this.

I'm rambling now... I shoveled 6 inches of snow off the driveway without having a heart attack and though that reason enough to celebrate being a fat guy... Guess I've had a too few many celebratory beers

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
I've always been an "outside dog" person. I don't mind when I go over someone else's place for their dog to be in the house, but if my dog goes in the house, I feel like I need to vacuum right away. On the bed? No way!
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

What's really fun is that Mrs. Mose is allergic to dogs Fortunately she seems to overcome it after she's around a dog for awhile.

Randomly visiting for now
My Westie sleeps with me, but he's so tiny that he doesn't bother me too much except when he moves up to the pillow and pushes against my head. You see when I'm sleeping and something pushes my head I move away from it sleepily and continue sleeping so eventually he takes over the pillow . Then I wake up on the edge of the pillow in a really uncomfortable position. Trouble is that he is way to cute to get angry at.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I've got a Jack Russell and there's no way on God's green Earth that he'd want to sleep anywhere near me.

The goldfish, on the other hand, was banished to the couch after I found a little wet patch on the duvet....

May The Forks be With Us
I would let my dogs sleep on my bed, but when they see something nice the like to pee on it. and i'm allergic to dog hair so they stay outside. But if i could i would

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

My dog climbs into bed with me, but only after my girlfriend leaves for work early in the morning.

For the 15yrs of his life my doggie slept on the bed.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
my cat (not dog!) follows me wherever i go if im on the computer until 1am shes sleeping on the monitor, or on the floor near me. when i go to bed, minutes later i feel the impact of her little paws hitting the mattress, then feel her walking across my legs and hips and jump up to my face and poke with her head at the covers until i pull them up and she can crawl inside, then come back out halfway, and lay down

she ignores my boyfriend. to his dismay

history *is* moralizing
those who don't have a dog are winning.........