The King of All the World - Carlos Saura's last film

Tools    

Carlos Saura was considered to be one of Spain's greatest filmmakers ever, up there with Luis Buñuel and Pedro Almodóvar. When he passed away last year at the age of 91, he left a finished film called El rey de todo el mundo (The King of All the World).

The film stars Ana de la Reguera, Manuel García Rulfo, Damián Alcázar, Enrique Arce, Manolo Cardona, Isaac Hernández and Greta Elizondo. The cinematographer is the legendary Vittorio Storaro.

Here's hoping the movie will receive a theatrical release in North America - although given the emphasis on dancing, it's hard to imagine it would ever get a wide release. But at least it might be shown in the arthouse circuit, I would hope!

The trick is not minding
I don’t they’ll ever release it here, which is a shame. It doesn’t look like Spain even gave it a fair chance with a very limited release for what looks like a week perhaps?

I don’t they’ll ever release it here, which is a shame. It doesn’t look like Spain even gave it a fair chance with a very limited release for what looks like a week perhaps?
Hey, look, judging from the trailer and the fact it's Saura's final film, I think it has at least a bit of potential for arthouse release.

And if it doesn't? I would settle for just being able to watch it at home.

The trick is not minding
Hey, look, judging from the trailer and the fact it's Saura's final film, I think it has at least a bit of potential for arthouse release.

And if it doesn't? I would settle for just being able to watch it at home.
I’d settle for a streaming release as well, like criterion, but considering it’s a 3 year old movie, it’s unlikely to finally get a release here in the states. I hope I’m wrong, of course.

I’d settle for a streaming release as well, like criterion, but considering it’s a 3 year old movie, it’s unlikely to finally get a release here in the states. I hope I’m wrong, of course.
That doesn't really mean anything anymore with foreign-language movies, Ennio also took forever to get here after the Italian release.