Name the Actress

Tools    

No clue

It's Gloria Grahame, who even the most casual classic movie watcher will recognize as Violet in It's a Wonderful Life.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It's Gloria Grahame, who even the most casual classic movie watcher will recognize as Violet in It's a Wonderful Life.
Bit of a stretch since she was 23 years old then & is quite a bit older in the photo.

It's Gloria Grahame but not from It's a Wonderful Life. The screen shot is from Merton of the Movies.

I didn't say the shot was from It's a Wonderful Life. I said just about anybody who has seen that ubiquitous Christmas classic should recognize her because of that movie.

I can't view the photo @Gideon58.

It's not Marian Ross...film and television actress, her film credits include Cold River, Center Stage, Ordinary People, The Bell Jar, and I Never Sang for My Father.