6 votes
Finding Nemo
16 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Which do you think is best?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Shrek

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Ummmm, Pixar had absolutely nothing to do with Shrek.

Both the Toy Story flicks are just great and the first is a breakthrough for feature-length computer animation, but I think Monsters, Inc. is their crowning achievement thus far, in story and technical craftsmanship. A Bug's Life and Finding Nemo are the second tier in my book: well made, but more strictly kiddie fare.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Although it could be argued that Toy Story is the best of their films, being the first full length computer animated movie, (thus making it a landmark in cinema), I have always been a fan of Monsters, Inc.

I rate them as follows:

Monsters, Inc. - **** out of ****
Toy Story - **** out of ****
Toy Story 2 - **** out of ****
Finding Nemo - **** out of ****
A Bug's Life - ***1/2 out of ****

I am a huge fan of Pixars movies.

Also, on Shrek, although I prefer Monsters, Inc. and the two Toy Storys (or stories....) over it any day of the week, it is a great film.

This brings up another point: Shrek or Pixar?

I must become Caligari..!
The one that started it all Toy Story is my favourite. Even thought the animation is now a little out of date compared to Monsters Inc. the story, voice acting and every thing else is great.

Toy Story (1995) – A
Monsters Inc. (2001) – A-
Toy Story 2 (1999) – B
A Bug's Life (1998) - C

I haven’t seen Finding Nemo (2003) as it does not come out in Oz in till 28th of August.

But none of these compare to the greatest (in my view) Animated movie of all time Footrot Flats (1986).

It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

I hate Shrek with a passion.

Anyhow:

01. Monsters Inc. A++
02. Toy Story A++
03. A Bug's Life A
04. Toy Story 2 A

Yet to see Finding Nemo.

Now creating a new poll.

Shrek has suffered in a big way through over-exposure. Its still great though.

Anywho, for the Dreamworks computer animated movies:

Antz- **** out of ****
Shrek- ***1/2 out of ****

Monsters, Inc. should've taken Shrek to the cleaners when it came to the Academy Award, but its typical of the Academy not to award the better film. MI was by far the better.

Also Antz is far superior to A Bug's Life, but both are great.

There is a huge rivalry between Disney and Dreamworks for the best computer animated movies. Watch out next summer for Sharkslayers (Dreamworks answer to finding Nemo) and Incredibles, both scheduled to open on the same day.

I'm now altering the poll to include Dreamworks movies.

Shrek has suffered in a big way through over-exposure. Its still great though.

Anywho, for the Dreamworks computer animated movies:

Antz- **** out of ****
Shrek- ***1/2 out of ****

Monsters, Inc. should've taken Shrek to the cleaners when it came to the Academy Award, but its typical of the Academy not to award the better film. MI was by far the better.

Also Antz is far superior to A Bug's Life, but both are great.

There is a huge rivalry between Disney and Dreamworks for the best computer animated movies. Watch out next summer for Sharkslayers (Dreamworks answer to finding Nemo) and Incredibles, both scheduled to open on the same day.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
I hate Shrek with a passion.
Amen.

Best Pixar movie is Monsters Inc., without a doubt.

1.Monsters, Inc.
2.A Bugs Life
3. Toy Story
4. Toy Story 2

I haven’t seen Finding Nemo yet…

As far as Dreamworks…

1. Antz
2. Shrek

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

It was beauty killed the beast.
Is Kong the only one here with extreme respect for Toy Story 2? The film is incredible. Not only is it just as funny as the first and with just as an engaging adventure, but it tackles big issues. It's themes on the fragility and fleetingness of life, the importance of relationships, finding happiness and pride in the role of serving for the good of someone else, and much more are remarkable. American animated films usual package the same tired old messages, but Toy Story 2 asks questions that are often uncomfortable to face and are certainly surprising to find in a family film.

Maybe Kong will rewatch this, and right a big essay on its amazingness.

I love the Movie. I gave it a **** rating. It is one of my favorites. It is still third best in my book, but this is a testament to how great the features of Pixar really are, having a masterpiece like Toy Story 2 as their 3rd best film.

Don't be Feisty now...
PIXER ROCKS MY HOUSE

ok anyways, Toy Story was an amazing breakthrough (i think I even cried when I watched it a long time ago) and Monsters Inc. had a pretty good storyline. I have yet to see Finding Nemo but based on all the reviews I have read I think it has potential to be Pixar's best.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I chose Toy Story b/c it was "the original" that i can remember seeing. I saw it in 8th grade and was amazed at the graphics. I did however like Monsters Inc, Toy Story 2 and I am sure Finding Nemo will enter that list as soon as I see it, but til then i stick with the original. My apologies if there were one's out before it, but Toy Story is the first one that I can remember.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally posted by moviefan20
I chose Toy Story b/c it was "the original" that i can remember seeing. I saw it in 8th grade and was amazed at the graphics. I did however like Monsters Inc, Toy Story 2 and I am sure Finding Nemo will enter that list as soon as I see it, but til then i stick with the original. My apologies if there were one's out before it, but Toy Story is the first one that I can remember.
You are correct. Toy Story was their first full-length film.

Put me in your pocket...
Animation wise I think Finding Nemo is their best work. The underwater scenes are incredible...the jellyfish with their floating tentacles come to mind at the moment.

As far as a total package I can't decide between Toy Story and Toy Story 2 as Pixars' best movie. Both were so strong with the character relationships...I loved both equally. Of course both of my kids watched these two over and over and over again...so I've seen them the most.

For me it's...

1. Toy Story and Toy Story 2
2. Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc.
3. A Bugs Life.

Holden I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on Finding Nemo being strictly kiddie fare. I definately related to the over-protective parent side of this movie, and his own journey to let his son grow. Maybe one day you will see it too.

I haven't even seen Finding Nemo and i would say it looks Great another one that has gone without mention and I'm not sure if it is Pixar but Ice Age was awsome....

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

Oh well I still thought it was great.....

I think Toy Story 2 was the best Pixar movie. I've watched it several times and haven't gotten bored of it yet. The art is amazing and I think the humour is just brilliant.