Clifford

→ in
Tools    

Enemies are so stimulating.
has anyone seen this film and loved it like me?

its got martin short and the dad from beethoven in it think his name is charles grodin. its such a funny film but you cant seem to buy it anywhere apart from germany which sux. i was just wondering if anyone knew if they would bring it out on dvd or if there are any sites that have it on vcd or sommit. im looking for english sites really or if not english places that dont charge a bomb for p&p.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I heard it sucked. Haven't seen it though. It doesn't really appeal to me. I might check it out sometime though.

What did you like about it?

Enemies are so stimulating.
well martin short plays a boy who is about i dunno i guess 10 or sommit and he is just the most annoying child in the world and he drives his dad to a heart attack almost so his dad takes him to his uncle's house so he can look after him for a while. but the funny stuff is really coz he seems so sweet but he is really just like this demon child who has a flute/recorder thing he cant play much on and a dinosaur called steven. its just so funny but i dont know if its a thing from childhood you know? me and my bro used to watch it all the time when we were kids so thinking about it now i remember it in a childs mind. if i saw it again im sure i would find it just as funny but if you didnt see it when your a kid i dont know if you would like it. i think that is why it got bad reviews. im hoping ill find it in a video shop i used to get it from almost 10 years ago.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by sisboombah
well martin short plays a boy who is about i dunno i guess 10 or sommit and he is just the most annoying child in the world and he drives his dad to a heart attack almost so his dad takes him to his uncle's house so he can look after him for a while. but the funny stuff is really coz he seems so sweet but he is really just like this demon child who has a flute/recorder thing he cant play much on and a dinosaur called steven.
God this is film is so funny. its hillarious how Short portrays himself as a child. I really really REALLY wanna see this film again. Anyone seen it? come on some poeple must have done if me and Sis have!

Clifford has a reputation as one of the lamest, least funny comedies of the last decade. I believe firmly that reputation is richly deserved. I love Martin Short, am absolutely smitten with Mary Steeburgen, and Grodin can be wonderful in the right material, but Clifford is a godawful mess of a flick, a resounding dud of a failure on every single level imaginable. It's a concept that would have been thin as a five-minute sketch on "SNL", and as a 90-minute feature is nearly unwatchable. Embarassing, really.

But, glad to know somebody besides the director's mother liked it.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I used to like Martin Short, up until he did this terrible movie called Clifford. Sorry Sis, I can't relate with you.

But hey, what do I know? I really liked both Charlie's Angels and Brady Bunch movies.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Clifford has a reputation as one of the lamest, least funny comedies of the last decade. I believe firmly that reputation is richly deserved. I love Martin Short, am absolutely smitten with Mary Steeburgen, and Grodin can be wonderful in the right material, but Clifford is a godawful mess of a flick, a resounding dud of a failure on every single level imaginable. It's a concept that would have been thin as a five-minute sketch on "SNL", and as a 90-minute feature is nearly unwatchable. Embarassing, really.

But, glad to know somebody besides the director's mother liked it.
I cant understand how this film is disliked by so many people! I always thought i find more or less the same kind of things funny as the general populous, obviously not always though! Its so funny. Shorts portaryel of this demented little demon kid is so funny.

im pretty sure there are a hundred worse comedies than this that have been released in the last decade - "Little Nicky" for example? yuk. Anyway im a huge fan of it and so is sis an we would love to get our hands on a copy.