A movie where people can't escape from a little town

Tools    

I'm a house of cards in a hurricane..
Hey, guys!

I've been searching all over the place for a movie where people can't escape from a little town. As long as I remember local people who were born in the town knew about that and never ever had left their birth place. The main plot is about a guy who has to stay a few days in the town for some reason but when he tries to drive his way to another place he just can't, policemen stop him, there are some document issues and so on. He finally accepts the situation, then a new person comes to visit the town and the guy tries to warn the new person but I guess he didn't succeed. I remember that the main set was at a breakfast place or something.

Thanks in advance

Semper Fooey
It is not an exact match to what you describe, but Population 436 is pretty close.

Sounds exactly like an episode of Fringe

I remember the movie your talking about I to am in search of that movie he drives his car into the invisible force field and the girl he ended up liking did not jump from the car and died when it exploded on impact she took her turn like the rest of the towns folk sitting in a chair that messes up their minds and makes them into more like brain dead humans that do as they are told, he ends up digging like 14 feet down and under to get out, another movie where two teenagers break into a house owned by Satan's general one tries the glove on and cant get it off and he starts to turn into the general firing at the desert town from the glove he is wearing If I find it feel free to email me or if i find it i will let all know after these two my 20+ hard drives and Movie collection is Complete from the first movie until now probably 100 terabytes x 20 I have a lot :/ willing to share as well

I think its called Society Where a group of friends from a highschool gets stuck in a town and they are not able to escape it bcuz of some virus which was only in the town. And the gov didn't want them to leave the town

I think I know which movie you are talking about! It sounds like you are describing the 2004 film "The Village" directed by M. Night Shyamalan. It is about a small, isolated village in the middle of a forest that is surrounded by deadly creatures. The villagers have been living in fear of the creatures for generations, but they have managed to keep them at bay by following a set of rules and staying within the boundaries of the village. When one of the villagers becomes ill and needs medicine from the outside world, a young man named Lucius (played by Joaquin Phoenix) is sent on a mission to get it. However, he discovers that the creatures are not what they seem, and that the village has been built as a refuge from the violence and chaos of the modern world. The movie stars Joaquin Phoenix, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Adrien Brody, among others, and was a critical and commercial success upon its release.

"The Majestic" (2001)

The series is called “from”

There is a village in the movie Big Fish where people can't leave. A child steals the shoes from any newcomer.