How do you compare movies ?

Tools    

I mean depending upon their storyline, starring , action , stunts .
What ?

I mean depending upon their storyline, starring , action , stunts .
Its really difficult to compare them on any of those variables, especially action and stunts .

Storyline, certainly, but if I'm comparing My sisters keeper with Terminator 4: Salvation. It gets kind of ridiculous.

I compare movies on, personal enjoyment factor I suppose. Its like if you list any two movies I can tell you which I like/enjoyed more in a heart beat. When you start asking why, I suppose it can become more difficult.

i mostly look for sensible storyline, acting, stunts

Writing, acting, production design, editing, music, photography, sophistication, innovation, execution, completion, emotion, atmosphere, believability, entertainment, ambition.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I tend to compare and contrast movies based on how similar and different they are. Then, I give them all a rating which will also differentiate them in some quasi-quality manner. However, I may be misunderstanding the "question".

How do you compare movies?
By length.

Some say size isn't important, but that's probably because they aren't packing much...movie-wise.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The People's Republic of Clogher
How much I enjoy watching it
Here endeth the lesson.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Reasonable expectation plays a role for me.

its a weighted system.

For example:

I expect more from Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe than what Robin Hood was.

Wrong.

It's by how much money the movie made in box office, that truly defines how good it is.

example : Avatar is $2,714,390,483 better than Goodfellas.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Reasonable expectation plays a role for me.

its a weighted system.

For example:

I expect more from Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe than what Robin Hood was.

really, that was neg rep worthy?

wow.

Like this:

Children of Men > Blade Runner

this is still going on?
The better question is why you're still alive. I thought you'd killed yourself.

This thread sucks.