Actors who never played villains

Tools    

Will Smith could probably never play a villain. He's way too likeable. Well, if Dicaprio could pull it off in Django Unchained, maybe he can do the same?
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Finished here. It's been fun.
Will Smith needs to step outside of the box, and do a darker role. He can't play the nice guy role in every single movie. It's gotten really stale.

Will Smith could probably never play a villain. He's way too likeable. Well, if Dicaprio could pull it off in Django Unchained, maybe he can do the same?
Yeah but Di Caprio had already shown dark sides to his acting, For the good part of his career, his characters have been a bit ****ed up in one way or another.

Will Smith is just great, can't see him in a dark role. Not that I think he doesn't have it in him. Just that from what we've seen, it's really hard to imagine.

Will Smith needs to step outside of the box, and do a darker role. He can't play the nice guy role in every single movie. It's gotten really stale.
Will Smith is just great, can't see him in a dark role. Not that I think he doesn't have it in him. Just that from what we've seen, it's really hard to imagine.
True. Even Will's rapping career has been clean for the most part. I think he should try for a crime drama (we all know another one's bound to pop up) and play a crime lord or a corrupt cop, similar to how Denzel has found success there.

I find it hard to think of Frank Abagnale as a villain...DiCaprio and Spielberg made the character so extremely likable you couldn't help but excuse a lot of his behavior.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I Happen To Notice That Bruce Dern Was Known For Playing Villains During His Earlier Years,However,Laura Dern Never Played Or Did The Voice Of Any Villainesses.

Nathalie Portman comes in my mind, Brad Pitt (he's not really a vilain in Fight Club tho) and Clint Eastwood...

how bout Leo DiCaprio and Will Smith?

two actors who i'd love to see play a villain
There was nothing nice about Leo's character in Django Unchained...if that character wasn't a villain, I don't know who was.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Will Smith is playing Deadshot in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie.
Now Deadshot may not exactly be a "villain" in that context (an anti-hero at best), but from his DC comics' inception he's always been a villain - he's an assassin and, based on the number of people he's killed, he'd qualify as both a mass murderer and serial killer.

Leo was the Villain in Catch me if you Can.

A likeable bad guy to be sure, but a bad guy just the same.

Will Smith was the Villain in Six degrees of Separation.
Am I the only one who doesn't consider Will Smith's character in Six Degrees of Separation a villain?

how bout Leo DiCaprio and Will Smith?

two actors who i'd love to see play a villain
There was nothing nice about Leo's character in Django Unchained...if that character wasn't a villain, I don't know who was.
You do realize that post was from 2010, right? Django Unchained didn't even exist at that point.

Someone posted that Leo DiCaprio played the bad guy in [i]Catch me if You Can[/] and I can't wrap my head around that one. Frank Abignale may have been doing illegal things but the character was way to likable to be considered a bad guy.

Someone posted that Leo DiCaprio played the bad guy in [i]Catch me if You Can[/] and I can't wrap my head around that one. Frank Abignale may have been doing illegal things but the character was way to likable to be considered a bad guy.
You made this exact post like 5 posts above this one.

Yeah he was an anti hero in Catch Me if You Can but not a true villain in my eyes

Haven't seen 6 Degrees though, any good?

and yeah G_P, Leo played a bad guy in Man in the Iron Mask but also was the good twin brother!
and the good twin got more screen time, I think...haven't seen it in ages.

either way I want them to play more villains.
I don't consider Will Smith's character in Six Degrees of Separation a villain either. But I think Smith would make an awesome villain in the right vehicle.

@mojofilter, Robert Downy played a badguy in US Marshals.

@mojofilter, Robert Downy played a badguy in US Marshals.
And even more clearly than his duplicitous character in that one (we only discover he is a baddie after a late plot twist), RDJ is a super creepy serial killer in Neil Jordan's In Dreams (1999).

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It was an uncredited role, but he played a henchman in Enter the Dragon.
Brendan Fraser?
Shia LeBouf?
Mel Gibson?
Will Ferrell?
Natalie Portman?
Will Ferrell was definitely the villain in Zoolander.

This might just do nobody any good.
I could see Portman pulling off some kind of icy villain. Think of Cate Blanchett's role in Hanna.

You'd need a really good director, though. She can be kind of stiff sometimes. Aronofsky or Fincher could do it. Lynne Ramsay as well.