IMDB Assimilation

Tools    

I don't but I don't hold it against anyone that does.

Chief cook and bottlewasher
Which boards were you a regular on?
I was Coffeegoddess over there. Didn't post a whole bunch but I lurked like a mofo.

That's fine i just think he was whether deliberately or not giving off the impression that she is widely hated and unpopular here and that is not the case.
Actually, I wasn't fully aware of the love/hate ratio but was aware that some people get along with her (some of my friends here do, for example) but also knew that many shared my sentiments.

In any case--I wouldn't ever harass her over this which is why I put her on ignore--some personalities just aren't meant to jive. This way, she continues doing her own thing and I can do mine. It's a win-win for both sides, really.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I don't but I don't hold it against anyone that does.
to be frank, you don't even know her. you don't know any of us yet. i get that people can grate on your nerves, and first impressions are important blah blah... but... it seems really weird to me to just slap someone on ignore if they just slightly annoy you, and then go around talking about how awful they are and how no one likes them. especially the queen of mofo who can do no wrong.

(jk with that last sentence. sorta)

I jokingly said she is terrible and should be banned so i think you were agreeing with me thinking i'm serious. Anyway i didn't see those posts so i don't know what happened but yeah she is not a bad or unpopular member.
That IS what I thought you were doing when I agreed with you, yes.

Understood. Fine by me. I'm choosing to ignore her and some of you are carrying on with her--all good. Everyone gets what they want and no one gets hurt--as it should be.

when i first started on Mofo, over 12 years ago, i couldn't stand Sedai. oh my god i hated him lol. i thought he was arrogant and rude. then we started talking one-on-one and i was like, wow, this guy is smart, and cool, and interesting. now he's my homie. and yeah, he can be kinda arrogant sometimes, but he's way more than that.

ok, there's my old-timer wisdom, whippersnappers.

and then go around talking about how awful they are and how no one likes them.
This part definitely annoys me and it's not just IMDB people so don't think this is Round 12 of US vs THEM. TONGO (who is my boy now you know i'm not trying to drag up old stuff but it's relevant ) used to do this all the time to me when i was on his ignore and it was so annoying. Knowing that they could say whatever they want about you and not have to see your response, i think it should be a given that when you have someone on ignore you don't continue to badmouth them. It's just bad form IMO.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I was Coffeegoddess over there. Didn't post a whole bunch but I lurked like a mofo.
I dont think we met over there. As a coffee addict I would remember that name. Hi!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
when i first started on Mofo, over 12 years ago, i couldn't stand Sedai. oh my god i hated him lol. i thought he was arrogant and rude. then we started talking one-on-one and i was like, wow, this guy is smart, and cool, and interesting. now he's my homie. and yeah, he can be kinda arrogant sometimes, but he's way more than that.

ok, there's my old-timer wisdom, whippersnappers.
Wow. He must have mellowed a hell of a lot because I've found him really sweet. Maybe he's bride flogged his bum to turn him into a nice person.

Wow. He must have mellowed a hell of a lot because I've found him really sweet. Maybe he's bride flogged his bum to turn him into a nice person.
he probably has mellowed with age. we all have. well, most of us have.

i guess my point of saying that is, if i had just immediately ignored him the first time he pissed me off then i never would have gotten to know him and found out he's a cool guy. and i know that Missy Vicky is an asset to this board, so immediately when a new member just blocks her i'm like HEY C MON NOW

to be frank, you don't even know her. you don't know any of us yet. i get that people can grate on your nerves, and first impressions are important blah blah... but... it seems really weird to me to just slap someone on ignore if they just slightly annoy you, and then go around talking about how awful they are and how no one likes them.

No, I don't know her, nor do I want to.

It was much more than just "slapping her on ignore because she slightly annoyed me". She did more than slightly annoy me. On the other site, I ignored 10 people over the course of ELEVEN years. In other words--it takes a lot for me to place someone on ignore. So, on that same token--YOU guys don't know ME either.

Uh, never once said that no one likes her. Never once. And my observation (which was decidedly flawed and inaccurate) was based more on how people around her talk about her and I'm NOT talking about my "IMDB pals". So, I was wrong in my assessment, apparently. Oh, well. It happens. But, since I don't know you and you don't know me, it would be premature of you to just write me off as someone who ignores at the drop of a hate or was "slightly" annoyed by her. That's only fair.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
i guess my point of saying that is, if i had just immediately ignored him the first time he pissed me off then i never would have gotten to know him and found out he's a cool guy. and i know that Missy Vicky is an asset to this board, so immediately when a new member just blocks her i'm like HEY C MON NOW
Have nothing but good things to say about @Sedai. Very friendly and easy to dialogue with [and has excellent taste in music too].

Can't say anything about @Miss Vicky [the "bitch" underneath her avatar made me ,] Was friendly towards me from the get go and that's all that matters to me personally.

Sadly can't say the same thing about everyone [but the majority seem nice enough]

No, I don't know her, nor do I want to.
Could it be that you seen Miss Vicky's aggressive looking avatar and read her user title MoFo's Resident Bitch...and then made a snap decision about her? She's blunt, yes. But also a good MoFo who does a lot for the site. She gives to the community.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I agree. Don't know the man from the past, but he sure comes along as a guy I'd love to hang out with.

Legend in my own mind
I often disagree with people, and think that some people are just WUM's and understand that there are some that I will agree with about very little, yet I can't think of a time when I have been overly bothered by what a stranger on an internet forum says to me.

I have never placed anyone on ignore. I find diversity character building and it helps me learn tolerance.

There again, on here I am just a 'One Monther'

Now Twitter is a different story...