Have you ever applauded at the end of a movie?

Tools    

I was just wondering if any of you movie goers had ever clapped at the end of a movie. The only time I ever applauded at the end of a movie was at the end of Jurassic Park when I saw it on opening day when I was 13 years old. Once the credits started rolling the whole theatre erupted into applause, so of course I joined in. I have never been to another movie where even one member of the audience clapped, let alone the entire theatre. Now, I know some of you are fans of Jurassic Park and others definitely are not, but I truly love the film and loved it even more when it first came out. Sure, it's not academy award worthy, but I think it's a great summer movie and a lot of fun. I will say that when the T-Rex makes it's first appearance is one of the most mesmerizing and jaw-dropping scenes in movie history and it still holds up well to this day--in my humble opinion of course.

The only other movie that rivaled that experience for me was Saving Private Ryan. At the end of that movie nobody applauded, but what was weird was that once the movie ended absolutely nobody got up from their seat. Everybody in the place kinda sat there in silence. Honestly it took probably 2-3 minutes before anybody got up and left and then slowly people began to file out. Pretty strange. Just for the record I loved that movie too.

I remember it happened a lot more when I was younger. The original Star Wars ended in applause as well as Logan's Run.

When I went to see The Attack of the Clones, everyone started clapping and hooting when the 20th Century Fox screen came on. It is a part of Star Wars to hear the theme for its screen. The same thing happened at the beginning of Spider-Man as well.

I haven't seen applause happening at the end though in years. Though it probably happens more often in a packed house than a sparse one. I usually go to matinee's.

BTW: I also agree with you in regards to Jurassic Park. It made movie history. I adore it.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

My life isn't written very well.
Great question. Yes I have applauded at the end of a movie. Flashdance had me crying and clapping..it was so embarrassing.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

That reminded me of when I saw Ghostbuster's and The Karate Kid double feature at the drive-in. A couple of hundred cars worth of blaring horns for the ending of the Kid.

"You're alright Larusso"

I have been to a few movies where at the end they applauded. Titanic is one, back when I liked it. (let's face it, when it came out, everybody like it) Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, (both on opening day). Then I'm pretty sure the "moviegoing" people applauded for Shrek, but I could be wrong.
And found he was eating his shoe.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I usually avoid opening dates and wait until the worst hysteria has calmed down before I see films in a theater. Maybe that's why I haven't experienced that many occasions when the audience has applauded after the film.

It has happened to me once and that was when I saw Lukas Moodysson's film Together (Tillsammans), which was a huge hit in Sweden. It was very spontaneous and it's a nice memory.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I've seen a couple movies that got applause...but I honestly can't remember which ones. I think one of them was Spider-man...

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Titanic is one, back when I liked it. (let's face it, when it came out, everybody like it)
Not this everybody...

Originally Posted by Dodger
Not this everybody...
I loved it. Beautiful movie. Saw it three times in the theater actually.

If the movie is really good I would clap at the end of the movie!Movies like "Lord of the Rings" and "Star wars" or
A movie I never heard of and I watach it and clap at the end if it is really well done but it has to be like a movie like "Lord of teh rings or star wars for me to really clap!
Anyway see you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Originally Posted by Dodger
Not this everybody...

I say you're lying. Or atleast you had to like the scene where Kate Winslet is naked on the couch. Or the scene where the boat sinks. That was awesome! But the love story was a piece of crap. IMO

Is my signature too big?

Is my signature too big?
Yes. And annoying.

The only times I can remeber applauding to were the LOTR movies (FOTR and TTT), The Empire Strikes Back and The Matrix. Probably there were some more, I can't think right now.
I have though been to films where the audience claps and such, and I am so confused as to why they would even do so.

Thats right! I clapped for LOTR!

Is my signature too big?

Very much so... it is very distracting...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Is my signature too big?
I think I'm having a seizure...

( )

Originally Posted by jrs
Gives me a migraine.
Yeah, things'll do that.