Villain rating

Tools    

They are mean, there is no doubt about it. When they go villain we feel good cause we know fun times follow. Rank now that you have the chance.

-Tim Roth (The musketeer, Planet of the apes, Rob Roy)
-James Woods (Once upon a time in America, Best seller)
-Michael Ironside(Total recall)
-Ralph Fiennes(Schindler's list, Red Dragon)
-Robert Patrick(T-2: Judgement day)
-Christopher Lee(LOTR and I know he has many more)
-Christopher Walken(Sleepy Hollow and I know he has more)
-Willem Dafoe (Spiderman, Shadow of the vampire)
-John Malkovich (Con Air)
-Frank Langella (Junior, Cutthroat Island, Dracula[or Tomb of Dracula])
-Robert Englund(A nightmare on Elm Street, Mangler)
-Ted Levine(The silence of the lambs, voice in Joyride)
-Michael Wincott(The crow, Robin Hood: Prince of thieves)
-Dennis Hopper(Waterworld, Speed, Red Rock West)
-The late J.T. Walsh (The negotiator, Red Rock West, Breakdown)
-Gary Busey(Lethal Weapon, Under siege)

Only for the weak
Holy cow I always thought that guy in Sleepy Hollow looked like Christopher Walken, I guess I know why now

I'll think of a short list later on...

Ready!Set!Go!...Er..Actio n!
Lee was the Hammer Films head honcho for the longest time. I don't know how many versions of Dracula he played for them as well as tons of other villains.

However, for overall badaxx'edness I'll go with Christopher Walken as number one. He has an air of quiet and efficient menace in so many of his films; even while being somewhat likable.

In "Excess Baggage" (which was quickly forgettable but I happen to own) he played an 'uncle' for kidnapped Alicia Silverstone who 'handles things for my daddy'.

In "Suicide Kings" he gets kidnapped and plays subtle mind games to turn the tables on his abductors.

And of course, his darkly rich and scary Gabriel in "The Phophcey" trilogy.

The great thing about Mr. Walken, though, is that he can bring that richness to his lighter roles like the dad from "Blast from the Past."

Number two for me, I think would be the great Dennis Hopper. I can't remember the name of the film but I remember it clearly: He plays a hit-man who falls in love with his target Jodie Foster. In "Speed" and even "Easy Rider" he brings a sense of true sociopathic genius to his roles that always leaves me feeling as if he's saying "Of course it's wrong, but it's the right thing to do! So just get the bleep out of my way and let me do it!"

In "Waterworld" when he turns to the portrait of Joe Hazelwood and ask "Help me Saint Joe!" you really feel that he's a man driven by the voices in his head rather than the voice of reason. Always a plus in a great villain.

You listed many, but forgot the greatest of all...Gary Oldman! What's wrong with you boy???
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
You listed many, but forgot the greatest of all...Gary Oldman! What's wrong with you boy???

Especially as Agent Norman Stansfield in Léon...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I loved him in Leon: The Professional. One of his best bad guys of all time.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Lets not forget Zorg!

WARNING: "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" spoilers below
Not to mention Gary Oldman will be playing the supposedly evil god father to Harry Potter in the upcoming Prisoner of Azkaban.

ADMIN EDIT: spoiler tags added.

Dream Catcher 9/10
Boat Trip 6/10
Fast and the Furious: 2 Fast 2 Furious 7/10
School Of Rock 8/10
Daddy Day Care 5/10

I'd have to say Dennis Hopper's Frank from Blue Velvet is ten times cooler than any other villain on the planet.

"Where' my ****in' bourbon?"

like in another post. the two greatest villains are ;
john malkovich (cyrus the virus; con air)
kevin spacey (keyser soze; the usual suspects)

I ate all your bees.
Cirus the Virus was just too cool, its a crying shame that John Malk never played another good baddy. I'm also a big fan of Alan Rickman in Die Hard, he was of the best and most classy bad guys ever. Also the combination David Prowse & James Earl Jones for Darth Vadar

Two comments:

A) John Malkovich was also a great villain in:

Check it out.

B)

Much worse than Vader....but maybe that is just me....

-Hicks in Deliverance
-James Earl Jones as voice of Darth Vader
-Ted Levine-everything he's played in(except Flubber)
-Robin Williams in One Hour Photo
-Leatherface in TCSM
-Gary Oldman in Murder in the First

Gary Oldman is the god of evil.
Walken, also a classic.
Alan Rickman

True that. Oldman RULES.

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
True that. Oldman RULES.
He is without a doubt my favourite actor at the moment, I even sat through Basquiat to see a Oldman film

Another Good Villian would have to be Michael Wincott or Tom Sizemore, I really need to see more films with them in.

I ate all your bees.
Another good baddy was Mr.Blonde from Reservoir Dogs...Very Evil.

Marvin: I already told you I don't know anything about any &^%$ing setup; you can torture me all you want.
Mr. Blonde: Torture you? That's a good idea. I like that.

Yeah, I really love Gary Oldman. Have any of you guys seen Murder in the First? Great movie w/ Kevin Bacon and Christian Slater. I actually wanted Oldman to get killed, but it never happened. He's also good in Air Force One. A movie I own, and love.
And found he was eating his shoe.

"You Couldn't Make It Up...!!!"
Villains. You gotta love them! Where would cinema be without

Burke BLOW OUT
Mr Wint and Mr Kidd DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER
Patrick Bateman AMERICAN PSYCHO
Uncle Bully ONCE WERE WARRIORS
Norman Bates PSYCHO
Andy Robinson DIRTY HARRY
Nitti THE UNTOUCHABLES
Drexel TRUE ROMANCE
Frank White THE KING OF NEW YORK
Indio FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
Count Dracula THE HAMMER DRACULA FILMS
Hando ROMPER STOMPER
Red Legs Tyrell THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES
The Shape HALLOWEEN

and tons more. Some are even more nastier such as the killers in FRENZY and DEEP RED but naming them would only spoil things for those that have not seen the film(s) yet...

John.