Justice League

→ in
Tools    

Considering Josh Brolin is not only Thanos, but also Cable... in two Marvel unconnected universes that people want to become connected, should be more of a concern.

Doubt DC had him contracted for this long. I don't have a clue what his contract was exactly but surely they would have used him if they had him contracted to star in a Justice League film. The more confusing thing is he went from playing Deapool to Hal Jordan then back to Deadpool again. If Marvel had an agreement for him to play Deadpool in the gap between those two appearances i don't understand why they would be fine with him playing Hal Jordan in between.

Here you go from the wiki:

In September 2011 Warner Bros., dismayed by the film's negative reviews and disappointing box office return, abandoned plans for sequels.
Pretty much what doubledenim was saying.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
So nobody has liked this yet? I don't know if I'll see it or not.

I've yet to see it myself.

I did enjoy Man of Steel, as well as BvS apart from a few very awkward scenes (the director's cut rearranged some of that which really improved my criticisms on at least that front). I loathed Suicide Squad. As to WW, I still have very mixed feelings for that one. Mostly negative.

I expect to enjoy JL, whenever I get around to seeing it; but I am not too thrilled about the implied humor shown in the trailers. I thought the comment from the Flash about how everyone just rudely disappeared was cute, given that the only one left standing was the guy that should have left everyone else in the dust. Hopefully, they compressed the comedy into the trailer to give it more of a light-hearted vibe.

eh. Fingers crossed and all that.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

And Josh instead of Joss.
who cares, trolls will be trolls..

Josh Wheldon, Joss Wheldon, Jess whedon, Joss Whedon... same to me.

Welcome to the human race...
a few of them..

I usually like checking some youtube reviewers like Collider, beyond the trailer, armchair directors and i also read reviews posted on RT. It seems some were taking swipes at anything and everything. I really feel critics go into movies wanting to hate and when you want to hate, you will hate.

What is quite telling is the user reviews vs critic reviews. Let's take a look at Nolan trilogy vs MOS, BvS, JL.

Nolan trilogy:

Batman begins - users imdb: 8.3/10, critics RT score: 84%
Dark Knight - users imdb: 9/10, critics RT score: 94%
Dark knight Rises - users imdb: 8.4/10, critics RT score 87%

notice how critics vs audience are pretty consistent. Now let's look at MOS, BvS, JL.

MOS - users imdb: 7.1/10, critics RT score: 55%
BvS - users imdb: 6.6/10, critics RT score: 27%
JL - users imdb: 7.510, critics RT score 39%

Now, look at the discrepancy on these 3, users reviewed these 3 films much more favorably than critics. MOS +20%, BvS + 40%, JL +35%. These are massive gaps.. With the Nolan trilogy, the user - critic gap was -1%, -4%, -3%... wow! what a difference!

This tells us something, critics are not doing a good job here, not sure exactly what is going on but they are far far off from what users say on these 3 films compared to Nolan trilogy. I think MOS was a different take on superman and they weren't open minded enough, BvS same thing and there was a lot of Affleck hate. Mercy from armchair directors, who reviews films, basically refused to pay for a ticket because of Affleck, lol. Then JL, i feel critics went in looking for every possible reason to hate the film. I thought it had flaws but it was fun and characters were great.

(seriously though, you've got to let go of this whole critics-don't-know-anything narrative because it's deflecting responsibility from the creators who made a bad movie)

By the way, Rey is a woman who's spent most of her life living scavenging for spaceship parts on a desert planet and fighting people with a staff (plus she's ultimately revealed to have Force abilities) so it makes enough sense that she can fly the Falcon and fight a gut-shot Kylo Ren to a draw (not win, draw). Meanwhile, this "different take" on Superman had him kill a man and question whether or not he should even be a superhero so if you think about what Superman is meant to be like in general then maybe you can understand why so many people had a problem with how Man of Steel and BvS both tried to re-interpret him and how Justice League tried to undo all that to please audiences who disliked the other movies. Like I said, Justice League is an aggressively safe movie and you can't expect to defend it while trashing Force Awakens for having the exact same problem.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
In September 2011 Warner Bros., dismayed by the film's negative reviews and disappointing box office return, abandoned plans for sequels.
But this doesn't make sense to me cause Green Lantern got a 26% on rottentomatoes from critics. Where as Batman v Superman got a 27%. Yet they still brought back the superheroes from that movie, and it got just as bad of reviews as Green Lantern. Was the box office better?

Plus since when does Hollywood care about what critics think?

BvS did do much better at the box office, yes. It was also a sequel that had the draw of being the first live-action movie to feature Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman so it became its own event while Green Lantern was just another second-tier superhero movie to be lumped in with the likes of the Hulk or Daredevil.

Hollywood's apparent issue with critics is that they (whether individually or en masse) can sway the general public's perception of a movie for better or for worse, so if a movie gets bad reviews ahead of its release then presumably less people will want to see the movie and it'll be a flop. I don't think it matters that much in the end since well-reviewed movies can still be flops and vice versa so who knows how much difference critics really make. Maybe it's the movies that have to shape up.

Character development for DC is lacking when compared to Marvel.

It is the same problem I had had reading comics as a kid:

The background stories were solid, but they lacked ... empathy.

It was hard to give much of a crap for DC characters - not because I did not care, but because I could not relate directly.

Anyway - I did love World's Finest and I would totally enjoy a movie based on the comic if dine right.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
a few of them..

I usually like checking some youtube reviewers like Collider, beyond the trailer, armchair directors and i also read reviews posted on RT. It seems some were taking swipes at anything and everything. I really feel critics go into movies wanting to hate and when you want to hate, you will hate.

What is quite telling is the user reviews vs critic reviews. Let's take a look at Nolan trilogy vs MOS, BvS, JL.

Nolan trilogy:

Batman begins - users imdb: 8.3/10, critics RT score: 84%
Dark Knight - users imdb: 9/10, critics RT score: 94%
Dark knight Rises - users imdb: 8.4/10, critics RT score 87%

notice how critics vs audience are pretty consistent. Now let's look at MOS, BvS, JL.

MOS - users imdb: 7.1/10, critics RT score: 55%
BvS - users imdb: 6.6/10, critics RT score: 27%
JL - users imdb: 7.510, critics RT score 39%

Now, look at the discrepancy on these 3, users reviewed these 3 films much more favorably than critics. MOS +20%, BvS + 40%, JL +35%. These are massive gaps.. With the Nolan trilogy, the user - critic gap was -1%, -4%, -3%... wow! what a difference!

This tells us something, critics are not doing a good job here, not sure exactly what is going on but they are far far off from what users say on these 3 films compared to Nolan trilogy. I think MOS was a different take on superman and they weren't open minded enough, BvS same thing and there was a lot of Affleck hate. Mercy from armchair directors, who reviews films, basically refused to pay for a ticket because of Affleck, lol. Then JL, i feel critics went in looking for every possible reason to hate the film. I thought it had flaws but it was fun and characters were great.
Why don't you use the critic average rating instead of the actual score? The score is only an indication of how many critics liked the movie. It's not relevant when comparing with the audience score.

I was very disapointed with Justice League... big DC fanboy and was really looking forward to finally getting this movie/live adaptation on the big screen. Its enjoyable, but thats it... nothing more, nothing special. Very shallow and dull, no depth or emotion...disapointed. Check out my review over on my channel so see exactly what I didn't like, but yeah, gutted.

I gave the movie a C. Overall it works better than it should and just about holds together, some really cool/exciting action scenes, script is very cringey in places.

Why don't you use the critic average rating instead of the actual score? The score is only an indication of how many critics liked the movie. It's not relevant when comparing with the audience score.
Because it suits his "critics are biased and stupid" narrative.

DC Movie and Show fanatic
The reviews here seem to say it's an okay movie and I'd agree. A lot of online scores made it look terrible. I think they're a bit too harsh. i am a bit biased in that I LOVE super hero movies, especially from the DC universe, but overall it was a nice film, strong plot, good acting. Some parts of the storyline that had flaws or felt cliche, but worth a watch

Oh okay.

Three of my friends wanted to see Justice League, and I told them I didn't have high hopes for it cause it only got a 27% on rottentomatoes, and they said 'who cares what the critics say'.

So maybe a lot of people don't care what the critics think either.

Oh okay.

Three of my friends wanted to see Justice League, and I told them I didn't have high hopes for it cause it only got a 27% on rottentomatoes, and they said 'who cares what the critics say'.

So maybe a lot of people don't care what the critics think either.

Nobody listens to critics anymore.

Reviewers on the other hand, are the ones to go for.
Like the guys on MoFo...

Well a lot of times I am disappointed in movies so I like to see what the critics say. I don't like reading reviews, cause sometimes their opinions on flaws in the movie, might cause me to look for the same flaws and see it there way. But I like looking at just the percentages of how many liked the movie, to get an idea.

Is it me, or i just find the batsuit ugly, not the suit itself but the mask, i don t like it at all with the short ears, i love the batman trilogy suit design, sleek and super cool mask aswell.