Trying to find a Sc-Fi film from years ago

Tools    

Hi there,

I've just come across this message board and thought it would be ideal to try to track this film down.

I have tried on numerous occasions to search for this film with no luck.

I'm pretty sure I saw this between 1997 and 2000. However I don't know when it was released as I was younger and the parents perhaps rented it form a video shop etc.

Basically from what I remember it was a Sc-Fi film. There was a Black hole built in a unit on earth with the principle to use it I believe for disposing of earth’s waste that is generated.

I think an accident happened and it started to engulf the complex and lots of power was required to contain it then it became almost a burden because of what they had created.

Obviously scientists were involved and I think there was the classic good and bad guys for and against it or a struggle to shut it off and destroy it.

I'm pretty sure a leading character was called Steve.

Apart from that I can’t remember much more as it was a very long time ago!

Any ideas or suggestions would be great

Cheers,
Chris

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The Void (2001) - this is just a guess, I have been searching for any movie that has a black hole in it and this is the only one I could find that's around the right time and matches some of your description, and the lead actor's name is Steven.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289605/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Fair play akatemple!

I've searched for black hole films before but never got to that one haha! I got the 2-3 main ones.

Shame the reviews seem rather poor/mixed on a couple sites ha-ha! I couldn't actually remember if it was any good or not. I have clips in my head of films I've seen years ago then forgot the names of.

Thanks so much for finding it, I may have to pick up a copy to see it again

Again fair play on finding it, I'm impressed. Thanks again
Chris