Boy with cop movie - 1990s maybe?

Tools    

Here, There and Everywhere
Hey all,

A movie I remember from my childhood (once again =P) is one where I think it's a little boy who befriends a cop, I dunno whether or not the cop is issued to protect him or what, but a scene I remember is at the end of the movie, they are at some docks having a shoot out, which leads to a boat chase. I remember their boat hitting a jump and flying through the air, even when I was younger I thought it was insanely fake lol.

I don't think it'd be a hard one for you MoFos as I'm pretty sure it is semi-well known, as opposed to the other films that get asked about.

Thanks in advance.

Cop and a Half?

With Burt Reynolds.

I remember seeing this when it came out.

Was the kid white?
Sure was.

He was a little blonde kid off memory, kinda a mould of Macaulay Culkin (Home Alone era) and Jake Lloyd (Star Wars Episode 1).

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

It's not Mercury Rising either I don't think, this movie I'm talking about is more of an action-comedy flick like Last Action Hero.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i remember a cop/kid movie where the end scene is at the docks, too. all i can remember is that there was singing... and i think the 2 leads were black. dunno, though!

It might be :
Getting Even With Dad 1994 ??

Lol short circuit 2 had a similar thing at the docks near the end but that was a robot.

Getting Even With Dad had Ted Danson as a cop?
Also a Boat Chase??

Maybe I saw a different odd version.
im thinking of another movie, getting even with dad reminded me of a similar movie were he goes to the lockers at the end to get that bag of money. There was a similar movie with a boat chase, i cant think what it's called though..

Hey all,

A movie I remember from my childhood (once again =P) is one where I think it's a little boy who befriends a cop, I dunno whether or not the cop is issued to protect him or what, but a scene I remember is at the end of the movie, they are at some docks having a shoot out, which leads to a boat chase. I remember their boat hitting a jump and flying through the air, even when I was younger I thought it was insanely fake lol.

I don't think it'd be a hard one for you MoFos as I'm pretty sure it is semi-well known, as opposed to the other films that get asked about.

Thanks in advance.
Was there a guy on a pier driving towards a boat ?

Definitely wasn't Face/Off.

Was there a guy on a pier driving towards a boat ?
... maybe. I do remember there was a lot of destruction. The dock had lots of fruit crates and the fruit was scattered everywhere after something blew up/crashed into them.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
has nothing to do with a kid, but if boat crashes are your thing, live and let die is the best of the bunch.