80's/90's teenage fighting movie

Tools    

Here, There and Everywhere
This will be a hard one. I only remember one scene of this movie, and it's sure as hell vague. A group of teenagers are fighting in what looks like a factory or basement... and there's some arcade machines, and these two old friends were on top of them fighting each other in martial arts. They never used to be enemies though; one of the friends was turned to the "dark side" or something similar and against his will fighting his friend, something like that. It's kind of Mortal Kombat like off memory. It's definitely American, and might even be based off a book or video game.

If anybody could post ANY possible thoughts as to what the hell it could be, that'd be sweet and I would forever love you if you get it right.

EDIT: Just spoke to my sister and she thinks they go into a game of some sort and it becomes their reality. This might be helpful. She also remembers a ying & yang fighting mat. Whether or not she's getting confused with something else is beyond me, but the video game thing rings a bell and would explain by the one guy turns against his other friend.

You are amazing G-pig. I will update tomorrow when I have a good look at it, but those faces seem so similar, it's likely. Thanks dude.

Is that the one? but it doesn't exactly fit the description but does come close a bit.

Well for one, they're brothers & not friends.
They don't travel into any video game or virtual reality.

The characters look familiar and the story from what I've read could be it, I'll have to download or rent it and found out for myself.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
There's one where they fighters accidentally go into a video game called Sci-Fighter. They have to fight their way through the levels. Do not watch this one though! It is 2 hours of your life you will never get back!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
For some reason I thought it was Surf Ninjas.

Suspect's Reviews

Definitely isn't that haha.

I should confirm that it's Double Dragon within the next few days - bear with me.

Double Dragon is definitely it, I watched it last night and confirm that genesis_pig was spot on.

This is a screen of the scene I discussed in my OP:

Question answered, thanks again G_P.