The Ring

Tools    

The Future Ed Wood
yeah but its like having star wars remade by someone!

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Lets put a smile on that block
YO PEEPS!

So who knows much about this film? Im REALLY lookin forward to seeing it, looks genuinly scary.
Saw parts of the original series of it, and was quite scared but was at uni and couldnt be botherd to watch it with the sub-titles, DAM ME FOR LAZINESS!
Something about u watch a cursed video then die 7 days later? Spooky womem who crawl out the TV?
The websites horrid enough. I couldnt go downstairs on my own to get a drink of water after messin around on that site i was so scared!
So whos got the info?

The Future Ed Wood
i think there is a thread already about this. this film is going to suck! another crappy remake which will never outdo the original

i agree with James, stick with the original than if curiousity gets the better of you watch the remake afterwards, rarely does a remake beat an original (exception Oceans elven and a few more)

Lets put a smile on that block
I might do that. but ive seen most of the original and thought it was brilliant. Scared the ***** out of me, but i didnt watch it all the way through. Im interested in the remake, but like u say you right when it come to remakes, they normally suck.

I couldnt see a thread for this film? i looked through the lists and couldnt see it but maybe i missed it! So has anyone seen the original and the sequels to them? if so how were they?

Beware the Moon
Originally posted by blibblobblib
I couldnt see a thread for this film? i looked through the lists and couldnt see it but maybe i missed it! So has anyone seen the original and the sequels to them? if so how were they?
I have the original "Ring" trilogy on DVD and they are very, very cool. I have reviews for all three Ring movies on my site which is linked below if you want. They are definately some of my favourite works, even if they are subtitled.

I just seen the preview of this movie on tv. It blew me away, I have never seen anything like this. Does anyone know anything about this movie?? I know it is going to scare the beejeebies out of me when I go see it, but I would like to know more about it, anyone?

The Future Ed Wood
go to upcoming movies section of this forum. this film is going to suck. have you seen the original? im guessing not if you think this ne is going to rule

Threads merged.

Still throwing crap on the remake before it's been released, are we? Sheesh. True to the original or not, it may still be a fine movie. Wait and see, whydontcha?

The Future Ed Wood
well how many remakes have they made which have been better than the orignal?

whats the point on remaking it anyway its only like 4years old! its like making ep2 insread of ep3 again!

Insomnia. The two films were just as good as each other [Ebert, for example, gave them the same score] and they are not very far apart.

The 1991 Cape Fear with De Niro and Nolte is just as good, if not better, as the 1962 original with Gregory Peck and Robert Mitchum.

So hold your horses and wait until the film has been released, okay? Okay.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Nice to see that here's so many fans of the original "Ring". I think it's one of the best horror pics in a long while and I have to get the sequel, even if I have heard it's not as great as the first one.

The reason why Hollywood is making this many remakes of foreign movies is because the demand for foreign movies has decreased a lot in recent years. None of the americans want to see it, so that's why they have made so many remakes since the 90's. But I agree.. why make a great film average or worse.

heehee...that was good...
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

This weekend, Dreamworks sent me a copy of The Ring.
I watched it last night and it is one hell of a film. So wierd, shocking and twisted at the same time. I haven't seen anything so creepy in such a long time. It sent chills up my spine.
Not everyone will like it but I do suggest everyone to go and see it. It will be one heck of an experience !!!!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet

The 1991 Cape Fear with De Niro and Nolte is just as good, if not better, as the 1962 original with Gregory Peck and Robert Mitchum.
[/b]
Actually, no it's not. The original is just infinitely better! I do like the Scorsese version, but Robert Mitchum was just scarier than DeNiro because he never lost his composure. Ever. He was always so cool while doing his evil deeds, and thus, scarier.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by jrs1013
This weekend, Dreamworks sent me a copy of The Ring.
I watched it last night and it is one hell of a film. So wierd, shocking and twisted at the same time. I haven't seen anything so creepy in such a long time. It sent chills up my spine.
Not everyone will like it but I do suggest everyone to go and see it. It will be one heck of an experience !!!!
this movie so sucked.I wanted to ask for my money back. Then I remembered I got in for free.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Please share your reasoning for saying it sucked...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Beware the Moon
You have got to face it........this is another in a string of sub-standard and detrimental remakes. After that trailer and the other bits and pieces available it is obvious this is nowhere near as good as the original. Once again Hollywood destroys an exempliary example of cinema craft in favour of it's usual brash of CGI fuelled no-brain entertainment. If that trailer of the shallow mis-representation that is the "remake" of the REAL Ring impresses you, then you should really track down the Region 0 or Region 2 edition's of the originals......accept no substitute!
Unsurprisingly, I have to stand by my original statement. Not a terrible movie as such but it is dreadfully lacking, a terribly mediocre attempt to remake a truly chilling film for a less discerning low forehead audience. Fair cast and a couple of nice effects, the direction is inconsistent. Shamelessly geared toward a teen audience this adaptation loses most of the moral messages not to mention some of the true horror, for me this just didn't work.

Originally posted by Logan

Unsurprisingly, I have to stand by my original statement. Not a terrible movie as such but it is dreadfully lacking, a terribly mediocre attempt to remake a truly chilling film for a less discerning low forehead audience. Fair cast and a couple of nice effects, the direction is inconsistent. Shamelessly geared toward a teen audience this adaptation loses most of the moral messages not to mention some of the true horror, for me this just didn't work.