Adaptation [Or: I'm Excited]

Tools    

Firstly, I loved the trailer for Adaptation, the new film from the Jonze/Kaufman camp.

Secondly, this is a link.

Thanks for the link … I thought this one sounded interesting when I read about it earlier and now I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it….

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Dwarf Tosser #1
I've never been a big fan of Nic Cage, but i'm hoping this will change my attitudes completely. It looks excellent. Actually on the note of not being a big fan of people, i've *never* liked Meryl Streep, yet she looks as though she may give quite a notable performance in this... Ahh well, we shall see.

I read the Adaptation script over a year ago, and it's simply brilliant. When I first viewed the trailer weeks ago and got to see pieces of those wonderful scenes on the screen inhabited by those terrific actors, well it's going to be a scream and a half. Been looking forward to this one for a long damn time.

With this, George Clooney's Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (which also looks just plain brilliant), and Human Nature (which was released earlier this year), Chuck Kaufman is having one whale of a calendar year as far as his scripts being produced. That he didn't win an Oscar for Being John Malkovich was frippin' criminal, but perhaps this will be they year to make up for that dreadful oversight?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Just read the screenplay. Wow.

The stuff in there about screenwriting is just fantastic, the breaking of rules, the adoption of rules. This script breaks every rule by following them, disregarding them and embracing every facet of cinema. And that doesn't even make up the half of it.

That and it just a damned fine read too.

A novel adaptation.
Someone link up the script. I can't find it, because finding it would require work.
Hero tired.
Hero want read Kaufman play-on-screen.

The second deaft that I read can be found here.

Not sure about the draft that Holden read...?

Does anybody have a Word document version of the script? I don't have Adobe Acrobat, so I can't read PDFs.

A novel adaptation.
Yes Holden, you certainly dominate this forum with your valuable and resounding morals, but also with your commitment to fairness.
We love you.
Send it to me, none of these fools will ever know.