Which of these should I watch tonight?

Tools    

Are you having trouble picking which movie to watch, but you have at least a few that you're considering? Well that's what relative strangers and aquaintances on the internet are for. Share with the rest of your fellow MoFo's which movies your considering and let us choose for you!

I myself have three movies that I'm humming and hawing over. I visited the video store today and this is what I picked up:

Zombie
Kick-Ass (rewatch)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

So, I think for this one I'll go with popular demand (of whoever is online this late). Whichever movie gets the most votes before I'm ready will be watched tonight. I'll play some video games while I wait.

Heh, you guys aren't too late. Okay, well I wasn't sure anyone was going to post. I was about to actually go with NOES3. But since I got half a vote more for Zombie, I'll go with that instead. Don't worry though Honeykid. I bought it, so I'll be watching it soon anyway.

I hate Wes Craven and I didn't like the original NOES. I have been curious to check out Dream Warriors in spite of that, and I'm determined to give it my best shot at enjoying the movie without criticising it or taking it too seriously. My expectations are so low, if they were any lower the machines would find Zion before they found where my expectations were hidden.

Also, I noticed the English dialogue in Zombie was not in sync with the lips, so I switched to the Italian. I have the 2 disc ultimate edition, and there are butt loads of language options. Even the Italian is obviously dubbed, but I think that's pretty common for Italian movies in the 70's. Still, there's two Italian options, so I just hope I picked the right one.

Edit: And I got some Crown Royal Whisky and Kissmeyer Nordic Pale Ale.

Yes, dubbing was the norm in Italy during this period.

I love the third Nightmare, but it's the beginning of Freddy as a mainstream pop culture icon and it's not nearly as dark as the previous to Nightmares. I don't think you should look at it like a comedy, but its 'scares' are really dated because it doesn't even attempt to create an atmosphere.

I assume you know, but in case you don't and it matters, Wes didn't direct Nightmare 3.

I didn't actually look to see who the director was. Hmmm I think I know what you mean by "pop icon." There were some things about the original NOES that were much more respectable than movies like Freddie vs Jason.

For the record, I'm not looking at it as a comedy. I'm just not going to put it through scrutiny like I normally would. I mean to an extent I will notice the bad acting, cinematography, and directing, but I'm going to try and understand the movie from it's perspective and see what they're doing for fun as apposed to comparing it with art masterpieces.

Edit:And so far Zombie is quite enjoyable. The Italian voice acting is a bit better than the English. There's some cheese, but some of the acting is quite good, the story is good, and some of the shots they got on film are remarkable.

I've heard a few people say that.
It might seem like a just-to-be-different opinion, but the original NOES is the only one that shoots for traditional horror. The others are a lot more campy and fun. It comes down to personal preference.

It might seem like a just-to-be-different opinion, but the original NOES is the only one that shoots for traditional horror. The others are a lot more campy and fun. It comes down to personal preference.
Okay, I'll take that with a grain of salt. My ideal of horror is The Exorcist or Alien as apposed to slashers, even if Alien does have some slasher tropes.

Okay, I'll take that with a grain of salt. My ideal of horror is The Exorcist or Alien as apposed to slashers, even if Alien does have some slasher tropes.
The Exorcist (1973) is one of my favorites. Horror doesn't really work on me unless its grounded in very real problems. I'd recommend Zulawski's Possession (1981) and Friedkin's Bug (2006) if you're taking suggestions.

Friedkin's Bug (2006)
Incredibly underrated film.

According to the people on this forum, so is Possession.

In Zombie my favorite character just died. It's kind of sad, but it was a really good scene... It sucks that she's dead though. She was such an interesting character.

Zombie finished. I give it
. It kind of reminded me of Cannibal Holocaust in terms of the atmosphere and style. It was certainly interesting.

I think I'll watch Dream Warriors right now since we've been talkong about it.