Best LEFTIST Movies?

Tools    

Be a freak, like me too
Pier Paolo Pasolini was extreme left-wing and Marxist. His films are all political even if it's not obvious. In The Gospel According To St. Matthew, he shows the Christ as a Marxist revolutionary. Teorema is a film about a bourgeois family which is transformed by a stranger. His films like The Decameron, Canterbury Tales, Arabian Nights, Medea, Oedipus Rex... shows a kind of archaic beauty (Pasolini didn't like the modern world and its consumerism). His final film Salo Or The 120 Days Of Sodom is an adaptation of the Marquis de Sade and an allegory of the fascism.

I don't know Jean Renoir very well but about La Grande Illusion, the positive representation of Germans revealed the spirit of France in the 30's : French prefered to be occupied by German instead to go to the front (English soldiers are showed as gentleman who likes tennis).

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I have "Il Conformista" - just gotta get subtitles..

I actually have "The Wind That Shakes The Barley" - I started watching it a year ago, I remember it being hard to understand, and watched something else and forgot about it....

Pontecorvo was a Communist as well - many Italians were. I saw "Burn" with Marlon Brando years ago, I might check it after I see a few of these.

Damn, I was going to say something about "The Edukators" but I waited til this morning but my brain is focused on my dreams.

The Conformist