Movies you loved but everyone else hated?

Tools    

One of my favorite comedies as well, hilarious. I don't think people get it, it is a black comedy. Look at the actors in it: Norton, Williams, Keener, DeVito. Danny DeVito directed Death to Smoochy with the same dark comedy sense of War of the Roses, which was also a great movie.
I also love Death To Smoochy. One of my favorite movies. I don't get the hate for it either.

The comedy She's The Man. The western Tombstone. Daft Punk's Electroma.

I liked that film too. The reviews for it weren't too bad, right?

The public consensus was pretty harsh, but it was one of those things where when you ask one why they didn't like it, they just say the plot.

Especially the "rape" scene, IT WAS SO OFFENSIVE, not like that was the point or anything

I thought it was... oh man, another numerical error today... I've got to log off and watch Synecdoche

---

People who are offended by rape in film shouldn't write reviews.

I thought the atmosphere was really well done. The cars in the basin were an obvious precursor to No Country For Old Men. It succeeded in being scary, which is always a plus.

I've still yet to be scared by a movie. And to throw the point of this thread in the opposite realm, I didn't really care for No Country For Old Men...then again, I don't know why

Japanese horror scares the FICK outta me, but American horror usually fails so I was impressed in this case.
---
Neither did I over There Will Be Blood, but after thinking about it, I've been unable to write of No Country. It has some of the best scenes that the Coens' have ever done, and the ending might be their most stunning. That final line really captures something about life that is so............ I can't even say it...... it just works so well.

Cool, not alone there. Maybe after the Synecdoche discussion we should move to that one...

Japanese horror scares the FICK outta me, but American horror usually fails so I was impressed in this case.
Which ones?

I just thought of another one, Death Sentence

The Hills Have Eyes remake. Liked it more than the original actually
Yep, me too. Agreeing with me about films isn't really a good thing around here. You may not last long.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Sorry if you can't see the picture but it is the remake of The Day Of The Jackal titled The Jackal. Critics didn't praise it that much and if you actually watch it you'll see why. But still, I found it enjoyable.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Jackal (1997).jpg
Views:	145
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	6800   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Lost World Jurassic Park (1997).jpg
Views:	134
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	6801  

Making a difference
Sweet November

The Hills Have Eyes remake. Liked it more than the original actually
I swear most of the reviews positive for this one? I don't think I read a review that was less than 3 stars.

Perhaps. Metacritic has it at a 52, which is not exactly hated, but isn't very good.

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
i see post with club dread , and mortal kombat as hated? how the hell can you hate those movies .. anyway.
mines Gigli

"There's No F***ing Ice Cream In Your F***ing Future"

Club Dread seemed uninspired because of it being a comedy with a lack of comedy. Was the premise good? Sure was, but oh well. I can elaborate if you want

I used to not understand the hate for Mortal Kombat, but then I rewatched it and realized it's structure was pretty repetitive and Outworld just looked boring. I thought Goro still looked great though

btw who didn't hate Gigli

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
noone didnt hate gigli
which i guess most people share the same opinion
but i dont understand how u cant like it

it wasn't that boring
the story wasnt that bad and it had a good cast