Favourite or best biscuit?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Why are people posting pictures of scones?
I know, right!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Ok. I am terribly confused now. Are we talking some inside movie reference joke thing, BREAKFAST biscuits, or some bastardized naming of cookies?
All cookies are biscuits, but not all biscuits are cookies.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
nonononnononononononono!
There is no conceivable reality in which a cookie is a biscuit! They invented different names for the them during the famously known Armitage Cookie Accords of 1843!!!

crikey!

nonononnononononononono!
There is no conceivable reality in which a cookie is a biscuit! They invented different names for the them during the famously known Armitage Cookie Accords of 1843!!!

crikey!

OK, but is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit... or a cake?

(almost certainly not a cookie...)

The best biscuits are cookies.

Come at me, redcoats.
LOL. You just wait until next Tuesday. The British are coming. Again.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Clearly.. it's in the name!

;P

"Legally it's a cake. Morally it's a biscuit."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...ffagate-debate

(Also note no scones mentioned in the world cup of biscuits. So possibly less of a global event than its name suggests...)

nonononnononononononono!

crikey!

Looks like a cookie to me. Definitely not a biscuit. Don't know that I've ever even heard of that before, though, and I've certainly never eaten one.

Also,every scone I've ever eaten was dense, dry, and triangular in shape. Which is quite different from a biscuit.

Also,every scone I've ever eaten was dense, dry, and triangular in shape. Which is quite different from a biscuit.
Both scones & biscuits can be ghastly. It definitely depends on how skilled the baker is.

Both scones & biscuits can be ghastly. It definitely depends on how skilled the baker is.
I didn't say the scones I had were bad. But biscuits in the U.S. generally have a much lighter, flakier texture than anything called a scone.

Just googled 'American scones'. Look like triangular rock cakes.
WTH? A triangle scone? Heathens.

OK this'll throw a spanner into the mix

Now all we need is a debate on whether it is pronounced 'scone' to rhyme with 'cone' or 'scon' to rhyme with 'con'.