The Music that Makes Me Dance

Tools    

"Let's Hear it for the Boy", Deneice Williams

This smash hit for Williams ended up on the soundtrack of the 1984 film Footloose, It was actually the background for my favorite scene in the movie.

"Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)", C & C Music Factory

I don't know if they were a one hit wonder, but I don't recall anything else they did.

"September", Earth, Wind & Fire

I have to confess it was a couple of years of listening to this song before I realized they were saying "September."

"Shining Star", Earth Wind & Fire

The final entry from this band...I have no control over my feet when this song comes on.

Well, that's # 2...hope your curiosity is piqued regarding #1...I have actually been dabating since I started this list whether "Shining Star" should be # 1 instead of my final choice, but this is my final answer...and now, the # 1 song that makes me dance:

C & C Music Factory's full name for that song is "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)."

Cool list and number #1 is a big surprise. I love She Blinded Me with Science, but would have never guessed it was number 1. I kind of thought you would have Love Shack somewhere in the countdown. Great countdown!

Cool list and number #1 is a big surprise. I love She Blinded Me with Science, but would have never guessed it was number 1. I kind of thought you would have Love Shack somewhere in the countdown. Great countdown!
Thank you Citizen, I was pretty sure my # 1 would surprise some people, but I just think it's the greatest dance tune ever.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Well that was fun. Especially earth wind and fire.

"Boogie Wonderland", Earth, Wind, & Fire

My first entry for my vote as probably the best dance band of the 1980's...you could dance to pretty much anything these guys recorded.
Now speaking of hot, he was freaking SIZZLING!!!

Oops I'm in the wrong thread. Going outside to hose myself down. Send HALP.

@Gideon. Abba. Not popular in USA or you don't like that style?