What personal superstition you have ?

Tools    

I have been carrying my cash in the same old wallet for years because I have earned a lot of money since I began using it and feel that it has been lucky for me .

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I have no superstitions, however, I have been carrying a Cambodian bill (kip) although I noticed yesterday it wasn't there when I was trying to take out all my American dollars.

I am a black cat. People around me die. Celebrities I talk about -- or those who enter my Guest House of Hate when they're not supposed to -- die. The Sexy Curse is real -- WATCH OUT!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	black-cat-outside.jpg
Views:	787
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	22873  

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Whenever I see one magpie, I'll say "Hello Mr. Magpie, how's your wife and children?" to be honest, I've always found the magpie song quite accurate.
I also have this thing called Raynaud's, so my hands or more or less always blue, or at least cold, so I like to believe that "cold hands, warm heart" superstition

My mother has absolutely loads though:
She refuses to let anyone put shoes on a table
She won't have pictures or statues (or anything similar) of birds in the house
She won't have blue things touching green things
Like me, she salutes magpies
She has to have any slippers facing the fire, always
She won't let anyone open umbrellas indoors.

Whenever I see one magpie, I'll say "Hello Mr. Magpie, how's your wife and children?" to be honest, I've always found the magpie song quite accurate.
I also have this thing called Raynaud's, so my hands or more or less always blue, or at least cold, so I like to believe that "cold hands, warm heart" superstition

Shoes on a table? That's a superstition? It sounds like common sense for health and hygiene. I wouldn't let anyone put their shoes on a table either. Shoes stay on the floor (or on the steps or in a specified shoe holding area.)

I can't think of any actual superstitions I have, but I do talk to my car sometimes as if it was a person or an animal (like a horse). I usually only do this after a long trip or if I've taken "her" through snow or deep puddles (like she's worked hard), or if we had a near miss almost-accident on the road.

coming to mothers , my mother has this superstition about not giving a birthday party before the birthday .

for example , if my birthday falls on monday and i want to give my party before it happens---on either saturday or sunday ( just one or two days before )---because no one has time for partying on monday obviously , my mom puts her foot down and totally opposes it saying that giving birthday parties before birthdays gives bad luck .

That would be a very bad idea. Don't walk under a ladder, either. Hmmm, there are soooo many. Let me think . . . You don't want to break a mirror. Make sure all the candles in your home have a burnt wick. I love black cats, though. I've had at least one black cat in my life, since I started high school. If you know my age, you know that's been a loooong time, now. I've been called a witch, more than 100 times in my life. For several reasons, too, but that's just silly.

Find a penny, pick it up, and all day, you'll have good luck!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Find a penny, pick it up, and all day, you'll have good luck!

You should only pick up a found penny if it's on heads. If it's on tails, it's bad luck.

I also agree with not walking under ladders, and you shouldn't step on lines and cracks in the sidewalk.

You should only pick up a found penny if it's on heads. If it's on tails, it's bad luck.

I also agree with not walking under ladders, and you shouldn't step on lines and cracks in the sidewalk.
That head's up thing wasn't a part of the saying, way back when, so I don't use it. Besides, it sounds stupid, trying to work that line in on the little poem.

See a penny, pick it up
And all day long you'll have good luck -
As long as the coin it shows a head
If it's not you might get dead.

That's the full version Lisa
tehe That sounds stupid.

Thanks, though!

Although, as it's just a superstition, you can just pick it up.
Are you mad?!?

So do I.

Finding money in and of itself is considered good luck - so the "luck" is already fulflilled by the discovery.
Once you pick it up, you now have more money - no superstition involved there except for the prophesy that good luck will continue for the rest of the day.
But the prophetic part follows logic and human psychology... by finding money you've found some good luck. That could change your attitude from negative to positive which will alter your perception to see more opportunities and interpret events as positive or having potential as opposed to viewing things negatively.

I see the finding-a-penny motto as more a practice in positive thinking (based on an already positive event) than a superstition.
Good luck or bad luck is really a decision in thinking.