Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

In the Mood for Love (2000)

Hopefully it turns out to be as good as I've heard people say it is.

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
My favourite classic cinema is playing a James Dean double tonight. I'm pretty excited.

Rebel without a Cause (1955)

and East of Eden (1955)

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

" Now You See Me " Last night I watched this movie that was very nice I like it.

Sátántangó (1994) by Béla Tarr

I have had this film on dvd for over a year and today is finally the day where we are going to watch this monster of a film. I am expecting nothing less than a masterpiece from Béla Tarr.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Vivre Sa Vie
This is going to be my 1st film from Godard(Late I know). I'm not quite sure what to expect,but I've heard that his films are very pretentious.

This quote from Bergman especially makes me worried: “I’ve never gotten anything out of his movies. They have felt constructed, faux intellectual, and completely dead. Cinematographically uninteresting and infinitely boring. Godard is a effing bore."

Godard seems to divide opinion around here, but I'm a fan, and definitely disagree with Bergman (who I also love). Here's hoping you enjoy it.

For myself, a long awaited re watch so I can refresh my memory before I watch Part II for the first time.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
This quote from Bergman especially makes me worried: “I’ve never gotten anything out of his movies. They have felt constructed, faux intellectual, and completely dead. Cinematographically uninteresting and infinitely boring. Godard is a effing bore."
Bergman didn't like Orson Welles as well and his opinions on various filmmakers are really funny to read. But it was like, his opinion, man. I like Godard.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Vivre Sa Vie
This is going to be my 1st film from Godard(Late I know). I'm not quite sure what to expect,but I've heard that his films are very pretentious.

I myself have felt more toward the feeling that I might like one of his movies after seeing them once, but ask me a day or two later and the feeling goes away. For me they do not linger or stick around.

Also my first Godard film was Pierrot Le Fou which I hated. Pretentious tripe. Hope you have a much better experience.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Also my first Godard film was Pierrot Le Fou which I hated. Pretentious tripe.

You are dead.

Godard seems to divide opinion around here, but I'm a fan, and definitely disagree with Bergman (who I also love). Here's hoping you enjoy it.

For myself, a long awaited re watch so I can refresh my memory before I watch Part II for the first time.

What was your opinion the first time around Daniel? It'll be interesting to see if you prefer the first or second because it seems to split opinion. For me it was the first but it doesn't really matter because i love both, i'd even say i loved the 3rd but it was much more flawed than the original two.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Bergman didn't like Orson Welles as well and his opinions on various filmmakers are really funny to read. But it was like, his opinion, man. I like Godard.
And Orson Welles only liked filmmakers whom he thought treated their actors with the utmost respect. Filmmakers who are also such strong auteurs and personalities are hard to take at their word. I think that generally our tastes are less strict than these types of filmmakers because they have a very specific way that they've learned to see the medium. I adore Tarkovsky but have far less appreciation for Bergman than he does; I love Welles and Antonioni. Godard is a completely different type of filmmaker than Bergman, we can appreciate both, just Gordard, or neither

tonight i'm watching this movie for the second time , I cannot wait ! :