Aimee and Jaguar

→ in
Tools    

I was wondering if anyone else besides me had seen this amazing movie. It opened at the Berlin Film Festival and the two leads, Maria Schrader and Juliane Kohler, shared the Best Actress Award.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this film.

Mish

http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/womens_professional_sportsissues

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
This is a lovely German film. It's based on real events. A complicated and tragic lesbian love story, set during World War two, the film is quite complex and wonderful.

The leads are mesmerizing. If you watch the DVD version you can see pictures of the real ladies in the stories and examine certain documents from their lives.

The English subtitles are well done unlike a certain Brazilian film I saw recently, they actually make sense and move the story forward well.

I highly recommend it.

What was the certain Brazilean film you saw recently with the subpar subtitles?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."