Movie Trade-Off Game, V2.0

Tools    

I think I'll let Dex go first before I select a film for him to watch.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Ok Harry I choose for you :

The Hill (1965)

Night on Earth (1991, Jarmusch)

Alright, Fiscal, even though this is the last movie I watched, I think you will really like it. I say this based on your favorite movies, so hope you enjoy.

Sweet! The only Jarmusch films I have seen are Broken Flowers and The Limits of Control, so this is cool.

Hey mark, I've currently got 'gold diggers of 1933' and 'raising cain' on their way in the mail, but 'young in heart' is next up in my queue. i'll see it early next week.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I was only kidding... actually I was expecting another Kung Fu Film... but this one is better.. Those action movies are difficult to discuss..

Anyway, so how & when do we start?
well, i think you'll like it to be honest! i wouldn't have chosen it otherwise.

um, well, i noticed the movie you chose for me is on Instant Play via Netflix, so i'll probably be watching it within the next couple days. when you watch yours, post your review in the review thread (there's a link to it on the first post in this thread)

EDIT: This thread.

I can trust your choice.. I did find a lot of movies I love on your list..
Especially Can't Hardly Wait. I usually don't watch many romantic films, but that one was really nice. I have loved it since high school..

So thought I would recommend an indie romance to you... Just eager to know your response.. I'll get to your film this weekend.

Ok Harry I choose for you :

The Hill (1965)
If you have seen this gem, harry, then my choice is

Rush- Beyond the lighted Stage (2009)

I am quite sure Dex has already seen Yojimbo.
He hasn't seen Seven Samurai or Rashomon, according to the lists, so I was guessing he hasn't seen this film either.

Hmm.. good deduction.

But sometimes we dont tick movie we have seen ages ago... Personally, I have seen both Seven Samurai & Rashomon, but haven't ticked them...
I want to watch them again, as I had seen them ages ago...

I've never seen Yojimbo, but judging by the Synopsis, its clear i have seen several Western movies that were inspired greatly by it.

its out on rental at the moment at my Video shop. due back on monday.

looking forward , thanks harry

I've never seen Yojimbo, but judging by the Synopsis, its clear i have seen several Western movies that were inspired greatly by it.
I kinda chose this one deliberately as a response to you selecting a Lumet film for me to watch and the recent bumping of the "Lumet vs Leone" thread.

I kinda chose this one deliberately as a response to you selecting a Lumet film for me to watch and the recent bumping of the "Lumet vs Leone" thread.
I suspected as much.

touche harry touche