What is your favorite YouTube video?

Tools    

IMPORTANT:

Question about YouTube - recently I find that many videos have windows pop up before the video is ended, sometimes two, sometimes four (they are links to other videos), The problem is they cover the video you're watching - which makes it an infuriating waste of time if you're looking up a "how to" instructional video and at the final step where they show how the framastat connects to the encabulator, and you can't see how it's done because the video is covered with these pop-up windows.

Is this a new thing, has anyone else experienced it and is there anyway to make these windows disappear so you can actually watch the end of the video you're trying to watch?
You need to get an anti-virus and clean up your computer. Maybe also uninstall and reinstall chrome or whatever you're using. Normal youtube ads don't pop up in another window, but they do interrupt your video. You can block normal youtube ads with an ad blocker though.
As a public service, I wanted to respond to this.

Thanks for the advice, but it appears the end-of-video overlays are a new part of YouTube (once again the advanced minds of the current tech generation decided it would be a good idea to cover the end of the video you're watching with links to the Uploader's other videos so that you can't see what you're trying to watch! Nothing like making sure a viewer can't see the end of what they're watching. What a fascinating concept. Thanks, YouTube! Hopefully movies won't catch on to this trend and block the endings of feature films with giant on-screen commercials, but in the age we live in, I could totally see them doing something like that!)

These pop-up overlays have nothing to do with a person's computer or virus software - this idiotic practice was installed on YouTube by YouTube.

So, I discovered you have to install something called "Ad Block Plus" on your computer to get rid of these over-lays. Good thing is, it's free. Here's a video on how to do that:

Then you can use Ad Block Plus (ABP) to block each element (overlay), but that's a time consuming process (outlined in the next video below) just to watch the end of a video. Instead you can add your own "filter" to ABP with the command:

youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element

which is contained in the comments section of the same video below:

Once you have ABP on your computer, open YouTube, click the ABP icon on your toolbar, select "Enabled for this site", then go down the menu to select "options" > click the "Add your own filters" tab and paste youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element in the box.

Had a little trouble getting it to work at first (for some reason it was blacking out the visual portions of any SNL videos - don't know why), but now videos are playing fine and the over-lays at the end are gone.

dont realized that until recently because i used youtube app more frequent-which so far didnt has bothering extra feature like that-
I got this adblocker called ublock origin in my brows but it probably need certain setup just like adb. Great help captain steel!

dont realized that until recently because i used youtube app more frequent-which so far didnt has bothering extra feature like that-
I got this adblocker called ublock origin in my brows but it probably need certain setup just like adb. Great help captain steel!
reso - just looked again at the comments section of that 2nd video (on YouTube) and under the same thread of comments (has a heading of "c16h16n2o2 6 months ago") which mentions the add filter command for Ad Block Plus that gets rid of all the overlay windows, there's a comment that says:

If you're using ublock origin, add ##.ytp-ce-element

Hope this helps.

reso - just looked again at the comments section of that 2nd video (on YouTube) and under the same thread of comments (has a heading of "c16h16n2o2 6 months ago") which mentions the add filter command for Ad Block Plus that gets rid of all the overlay windows, there's a comment that says:

If you're using ublock origin, add ##.ytp-ce-element

Hope this helps.
thanks cap

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
These Japanese TV shows are so retarded. I bet if it weren't for cute girls, nobody would watch them.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Who are these creatures? Are they trying to communicate with me?
you just seen live footage where destroyah and biolante trying to eat gojira alive, fufu VERY CUTE, indeed