Your Favorite Trailer

Tools    

surpisingly the new star wars ttrailer isnt as mindblowing as i thought. i thought if i saw it i would cream my pants, and i odnt even like star wars that much. yea, it seemed like a normal action trailer to me.

Originally Posted by starrdarcy
Finding nemo was good, i think pixar does a better job at trailers than PDI
Very true. I loved the Finding Nemo trailer.

Other faves of mine are:
Not Another Teen Movie- If you loved Scary Movie... Who gives a sh*t?
Azumanga Daioh- The voice actresses have a bit of fun with it.
The Shining- Nothing like an elevator full of blood to draw an audience.
And last but not least, I like the Lord Of The Rings "super trailer", combining all three films in one trailer.

Originally Posted by liam5000
Seeing that the 5th Annual Golden Trailer Awards have just been, I was wondering what people's favorite movie trailers are.
Here are some that I think are quite good:

Charlies Angels: Full Throttle (It actually won an award for Best Action trailer, too bad the film sucked...)

Desperado (Pretty cool music, slick editing)

The Virgin Suicides

Vanilla Sky

And I think, maybe my most favorite trailer would have to be for...

The Thin Red Line (For me this perfect trailer... Which is strange because it is the most quiet out of my list. It has some really beautiful visuals & some finely written dialogue... A trailer that maybe in a way is better than the film.)

Now that I've told you mine... Tell me yours...

I've been going to movies for many years now, so there are plenty of trailers that I still love to watch. When I went to see Elektra, I saw one destined to be an all time favorite. The Fantastic Four. It was so ultra-awesome I,ve been quoting it's main tagline to myself since yesterday just so I won't forget it. "On July 4th, five persons lives will be changed 4ever. One will be bad(Dr.Doom) 4 will be Fantastic."

Neutral Milk Hotel
The Garden State Trailer, The passion, and The Lord of the rings the Return of the King
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Charlie and the chocolate factory-trailer

one of my favourite movies already

Originally Posted by Edwin
I've been going to movies for many years now, so there are plenty of trailers that I still love to watch. When I went to see Elektra, I saw one destined to be an all time favorite. The Fantastic Four. It was so ultra-awesome I,ve been quoting it's main tagline to myself since yesterday just so I won't forget it. "On July 4th, five persons lives will be changed 4ever. One will be bad(Dr.Doom) 4 will be Fantastic."
Yeah, i just happened by this trailer for the fatasic 4. It's about 20 seconds long and seems to packed with special F/X. Actually looks good.

Did you see a different trailer?

Originally Posted by Escape
Yeah, i just happened by this trailer for the fatasic 4. It's about 20 seconds long and seems to packed with special F/X. Actually looks good.

Did you see a different trailer?
No he didn't see a different a different trailer. What he saw was 20 seconds of the actual trailer thats was shown on TRL (via MovieBox)

Neutral Milk Hotel
Originally Posted by jrs
Are teasers allowed as choices?
Its a trailer isnt it

Originally Posted by jrs
I'm probably being too technical with you, but that's alright. I suppose than teasers are ok to use.
Even though a teaser is a shortened down version just enough to wet the audiences appetite for wanting more, perhaps someone has seen one which stayed with them more so than the later more complete trailers.

Originally Posted by Escape
Yeah, i just happened by this, It's about 20 seconds long and seems to packed with special F/X. Actually looks good.
Thanks Escape

Hmm... my favorite trailer... I think- the number one trailer that REALLY pushed me into wanting to watch a certain movie- would have to be Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the new one) That one... rocked-

The Fifth Element Teaser
Batman (1989)
Batman Begins Teaser
Batman Begins Trailer
The Incredibles
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
i,Robot
Casshern
Sky Captain and the World of Tommorow
Spongebob Squarepants
Chronicles of Riddick
Saw