What are your thoughts on the Harry Potter film Franchise?

Tools    

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
I remember a little while ago I saw thread (forget which one) but a lot of you guys seemed to be very mixed on this franchise. I was taken a little aback cause I thought this was generally liked, not critically acclaimed per se (in exception to a couple of films) but at least liked.

What are your personal thoughts on Harry Potter, and what about the craftsmanship makes you feel this particular way?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I liked the first one and one other but I cant remember which one. Tried to read the book but didnt get very far. Obviously I'm not a fan of the franchise.

Hopefully this doesnt turn into another Rollerball derby like the star wars franchise.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
They are all basically bad films with the occasional magic moment.

They are all basically bad films with the occasional magic moment.
Interesting point, if it's not too much to ask, what about the films do you consider "bad".
(i.e writing, plot, worldbuilding?) I would love to hear some specific thoughts to properly dissect opposing opinions.

I would love to hear some specific thoughts to properly dissect opposing opinions.
I would give you those, Louis, but I dont even remember why I didnt like them. Might have been as easy as pesky school kids.

I would give you those, Louis, but I dont even remember why I didnt like them. Might have been as easy as pesky school kids.
Lol! Thanks for your two cent either way! Greatly appreciated as always!

I enjoyed all of them. Are they great films? No, but I don't have any glaring problems with any of them, either.
Agreed. As I grew up with them I naturally love them so much. Objectively, I would consider Prisoner of Askaban a great movie. Deathly Hallows Part 2 as well.

Lol! Thanks for your two cent either way! Greatly appreciated as always!
I know it's really annoying when someone just says 'I didnt like it' but I seriously dont remember. I might have just been in a shtty mood, although I think with the 2nd one I had a distinct reason but have just forgotten it. I will say, I was very surprised when it became the juggernaut it did but happy for those who thoroughly enjoyed it. And I wish I could write like Rowling. 95 million bucks in one year? Woooooo. Good luck to her.

Very good franchise. Couple of lulls early, but generally got better as it went. The last four films were probably the best four.
Yes! A lot of people (including myself) love the darker/adult turn the franchise took when Yates took over.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Very good, very solid franchise. Number one I didn’t like that much. Two was very good. 3 was great. 4 didn’t really like but that’s my favourite book. 5s good, 6 I think is one of the weakest. 7 part 1 and 2 are very very good films. . I’ve rewatched part 1, probably considered the boring part and I think it’s great. Smart great films due to the source material and the importance of well thought out story in films. On a side note, I don’t feel like those main actor will ever be more than Harry Potter characters ��

I know it's really annoying when someone just says 'I didnt like it' but I seriously dont remember. I might have just been in a shtty mood, although I think with the 2nd one I had a distinct reason but have just forgotten it. I will say, I was very surprised when it became the juggernaut it did but happy for those who thoroughly enjoyed it. And I wish I could write like Rowling. 95 million bucks in one year? Woooooo. Good luck to her.
J.K Rowling is fantastic! That woman blows my mind! The second one is one of the weaker ones for sure

Love 'em. I think Prisoner of Azkaban is one of the best fantasy films ever made.

Also, say what you want about the first two, but I think if they were made today, in the current blockbuster climate, they'd be entirely different and perhaps lesser for it.

Love 'em. I think Prisoner of Azkaban is one of the best fantasy films ever made.
Even the name speaks fantasy. I think this is the other one I really liked.