The Bat Movies

→ in
Tools    

And the chin? No problem.

Edit: and you can call this me backing out of an odd suggestion if you like but if it were up to me I'd drop the Frank Miller angle that Warner Bros. just loves all together and have Clooney back as Batman Beyond Bruce Wayne. Stern father Bruce Wayne, not aging psychopath looking for a "warrior's end" Bruce Wayne.
****. NO.

I'm sorry, but it's Ben Affleck for older Batman or GTFO. I pull rank b ecause I'm a girl and i've loved Batman SINCE I WAS 12. SO!

I'm sorry but Ben Affleck has SUPERIOR CHIN to Goeorge Clooney. I like Clooney in general but compared to Batfleck? Girl, bye. Batfleck is perfect. It's the material that sucks. An that's FRUSTRATING. I'll be SO pissed if Affleck leaves the role before they manage to match PERFECT BATMAN and decent script.

This might just do nobody any good.
I guess I’m alone on this but “digging deep” into the psychology of Batman is boring and counter intuitive. I mean, it’s kind of fun to hint at the inherent silliness of it all, sure, point out how he needs The Joker to function narratively but at some point the whole thing starts to fall apart. That’s one of the things that does not work in Batman vs Superman and, well, at some point Batman becomes gross, unlikeable caricature.

>

I'm sorry, but it's Ben Affleck for older Batman or GTFO.
Affleck’s not on your side. I say this as someone who really did like him in BvS, it’s super weird that they decided to have Affleck as DKR Batman in his early 40’s.

I think the best actor to potentially play Batman would be Bruce Wayne. Great actor.

Oh, and my ideal casting for the Joker would be Jared Leto. He would be so good, and wouldn't overact at all.

I guess I’m alone on this but “digging deep” into the psychology of Batman is boring and counter intuitive. I mean, it’s kind of fun to hint at the inherent silliness of it all, sure, point out how he needs The Joker to function narratively but at some point the whole thing starts to fall apart. That’s one of the things that does not work in Batman vs Superman and, well, at some point Batman becomes gross, unlikeable caricature.

>

Affleck’s not on your side. I say this as someone who really did like him in BvS, it’s super weird that they decided to have Affleck as DKR Batman in his early 40’s.
Yes, ultimately, Batman's proper ship is The Joker. I only saw the extended version of Batman v Superman and by all accounts is was the better version is still heavily flawed.

But. Perfect. Batman. I couldn't get past that. It was almost painful to see how perfect her is as Batman. I'm also not sure why they aged him up for this, unless they're gong for older Batman to tie in with a certain line of graphic novel storyline,
'
BUT THEN I HEARD THAT THEY'RE THINKING OF CASTING JAKE GYLLENHAAL AS NEW BATMAN AFTER AFFLECK AND I AM LIKE WAT...that means either reboot or going back in time for another Batman adventure set in the past.

IF THIS HAPPENS AND JOAQUIN PHOENIX IS STILL THE JOKER then...THEN...

**** gets interesting again.

BUT. DCEU has to commit to dark and adult. None of this trying to play both sides or not being able to decide.

@Saunch - Forgot to say...I read The g*ddamn Batman, as it's somtimes referred to. I recognised a slight element of that in Batman v Superman in how certain things were handled.

Oh my god that graphic novel. I was SO mad reading it and half way I just started laughing. It was psychotic. By the end I was so glad I read it but still wanted to punch Frank Miller.

I was pretty cool with a needless Joker movie as long as Phoenix was in it but from the sound of it... either Joaquin’s decided that, after a decade of great performances, he’s earned a paycheck gig or it’ll be a good turn buried under Scorsese wannabe, dude-bro nonsense.

(Also, ‘cause its me and I gotta be the worst: the perfect Batman was Tyrone Power.)

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Yeah, you are the worst. The world knows Conroy is the one true Batman.

LOVE the idea that Batman isn't real ...or isn't alive ....or just isn't there for whatever reason. The history and legend exist but surely people in that situation would have doubt if he was ever there. If so, why not help them (us)?
Pretty much had an instant fannywobble at this comment and couldn't read further.
Hey hey HEY now! I'm just pinging off Nostromo's original idea! Go slap him with that glove!
@ynwtf laid out the central idea and conflicts where I could tell that he "got" what I was saying, and more thoughtfully than I did. That's something I've got to work on. Also, everyone feel free to share their own ideas, it's not a one-idea party. I'm exploring mine bc it's fun for me. So- we're set at the Arkham carnival, and thinking you could play with the gothic version elements- which evokes the Burton... But NOT exactly him. The music in his films come across as a bit playful and fantasy. Strike that part of it. More atmospheric, ambient sound, and feeling more like a pure horror show. I mentioned that the Bat exists only as a statue, you could bring the gothic-style physical representation of that and make him like a gargoyle, only more "batty."

As the odd combination of visual imagination guy who is direct/brief in conversation, I need an interpreter. I'm customarily awful at explaining if I can't use visuals and music.

@Saunch We're primarily having fun here, exercising imagination, and in zero place to actually make a film, I'm not troubled with whether any of this actually works as far as some kind of psychology study story. Thanks.

Really dug what ynwtf said, so I'm leaving the rest here.

That could breed divide in the different personalities of the group. Some might keep the faith, so to speak, and try to emulate what they believe is the good of Batman. Other more angry types would resent batman for not being there. For being a fraud, then resenting those of the group That do still believe.

That could create interesting conflicts within the group as few, more extreme, personalities rise to leadership roles. Think Lord of the Flies.

Maybe throughout the trials and survival of the outside carnival evils, a new hero could be born. Mad Max style and exaggerating holding onto a broken memory of what batman was (if he was ever anything). Highlight the horrific reluctance in knowing that if he or she doesn't stand up, then others will die.

Too, a new villain would come from the same group because the more focused this hero's character becomes, the more the villain must compete. If nothing else then from mockery, spite, and jealousy because he, in his way, only wanted to protect the group while this other Kat gets all the praise.

That would be fun to explore and totally parallels current politics and religious divides.
Think I'll come back to this maybe when I have more time to play

Haunted Carnival ♪♫♬♫♪♪♫♬♫♪

This thread could use the great MoFo clown @Captain Spaulding
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	gargoyle1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	46872   Click image for larger version

Name:	crnvl1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	46873   Click image for larger version

Name:	crnvl2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	46874  

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
"The music in his films come across as a bit playful and fantasy. Strike that part of it. More atmospheric, ambient sound, and feeling more like a pure horror show. I mentioned that the Bat exists only as a statue, you could bring the gothic-style physical representation of that and make him like a gargoyle, only more "batty.""

Quoting @Nostromo87

Interesting timing, eh @cat_sidhe?

Perfect DKR Bruce Wayne? ...

I’m dead serious too. It could be done. Set it in the same universe as B&R, years after the neon light of Schumacher has faded and Gotham has circled back to the monolithic aesthetic of Burton. I’m sure some of you are looking at me weird right now, but Clooney reciting this is the correct way of doing what Batman v Superman tried and failed at -

And the chin? No problem.

Edit: and you can call this me backing out of an odd suggestion if you like but if it were up to me I'd drop the Frank Miller angle that Warner Bros. just loves all together and have Clooney back as Batman Beyond Bruce Wayne. Stern father Bruce Wayne, not aging psychopath looking for a "warrior's end" Bruce Wayne.
I actually agree. I initially thought Clooney was a great choice for a Batman (until Batman and Robin came out, that is).

He was a good Bruce Wayne - he captured the aloofness & arrogance of Wayne's faux ego. But the compliments end once he took on his true persona of the Batman. Given a better bat-suit (sans nipples of course) he could have easily pulled off the look as well.

But, it seems the actor had little interest in the character (I heard him on a talk show say he knew little about Batman beyond the 60's TV show and had never read a Batman comic book - he seemed disinterested in what made the character tick) and, like everyone else in the film, was a victim of the movie's writing.

"The music in his films come across as a bit playful and fantasy. Strike that part of it. More atmospheric, ambient sound, and feeling more like a pure horror show. I mentioned that the Bat exists only as a statue, you could bring the gothic-style physical representation of that and make him like a gargoyle, only more "batty.""

Quoting @Nostromo87

Interesting timing, eh @cat_sidhe?
IT'S A SIGN!

Vincent Price was in the 1960s TV show??? GTFO, Must investigate

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	vp btmn.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	46938  

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The definitive Batman is the animated series.

Suspect's Reviews

The definitive Batman is the animated series.

Batman is actually one of the rare things I enjoy watching animated.
@Nostromo87 ballpark when do you want to start watching the movies? I'm always excited to watch Batman.

Vincent Price was in the 1960s TV show??? GTFO, Must investigate
Egghead should make a cinematic come back.

Egghead should make a cinematic come back.
Does he show up in the new Ant Man movie?
(Since both Marvel and DC had a character named Egghead - in Marvel he was the enemy of the original Ant Man: Hank Pym.)