The Horror List Dilemma!

Tools    

Horror Movie List: Please Choose One . . .
84.21%
16 votes
Rank ties into order.
21.05%
4 votes
Debate removal of certain films.
10.53%
2 votes
See other lists before making final decision.
19 votes. You may not vote on this poll

As I just mentioned, we should proceed with the order of the films that received the most votes to begin with.

Afterwords is when we should dissect other's lists and maybe talk about extending or just creating a secondary list for honorable mention type flicks.

I voted to rank them in order... if we start trying to remove certain movies, we could be here until Ole Scratch is throwing snowballs at us before we can all decide what a horror movie actually is... and as for other lists... I'm assuming that means from some other source? If so, then, to me, it would kinda take away from the list being 'The MoFo's Horror List'...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

My life isn't written very well.
It"s true; debating films to be removed will take a long time, but tied with four votes is not like tied with fifteen, know what I mean?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Happy New Year from Philly!
I could see debating if we had all submitted our lists publicly in the thread before Lisa did all the compiling. Since the list is compiled the only real chore is to put them in order within there separate units, TWELVES, TENS and so forth. Since I don't really care what order they are in. I am just going to decide which of the FOURS I don't want on the list.

I think we have argued over the nature of horror and Destiny as moderator has made her choices known. I mean, I would definitely eliminate Psycho and Peeping Tom, to me they are psychological thrillers and not horror, but I was overruled. It's time to just put the list into shape as it is.

I could see debating if we had all submitted our lists publicly in the thread before Lisa did all the compiling. Since the list is compiled the only real chore is to put them in order within there separate units, TWELVES, TENS and so forth. Since I don't really care what order they are in. I am just going to decide which of the FOURS I don't want on the list.
Whether I compiled the list already or not, doesn't change anything. That's why everyone can vote on viewing them, as well as debating on them. The options are there.

Also, I'll still need a complete list from everyone. An in order list. If you don't want to do that, then I'll simply total your's up by using the list as is. I'll simply add your new order for the fours to it. Just understand that I'll be using the list as is, as your votes.

I think we have argued over the nature of horror and Destiny as moderator has made her choices known.
My choices? I'm letting you all decide. That's why I didn't even vote here. I'm not going to. I'm going to try to please everyone, the best I can. Why else would I make this poll, and still be discussing it? Am I taking you the wrong way here?

I mean, I would definitely eliminate Psycho and Peeping Tom, to me they are psychological thrillers and not horror, but I was overruled. It's time to just put the list into shape as it is.
If you were overruled on that, then I wouldn't have put "Debate removal of certain films." as one of the options on this poll. Sure, the end result still may be that they stay, but at least we're discussing it. If enough people vote for those movies, then there's nothing I can do about this. I didn't vote for either of them. Sure, this was my idea, and I'm doing the bulk of the work, but I've known since the get-go that I wouldn't like at least a few of these movies listed. I actually hate more than a few. We all will, I do believe.

If enough people vote for those movies, then there's nothing I can do about this.
And that is that right there.
Obviously enough people did think they were horror and also liked them enough. And seeing as the list is made up of OUR personal choices i fail to see what the problem is.

As I said...Even those who would not have put certain titles in must agree that those titles are not absolutely NOT horror in any way at all and don't think that they are compromising the list surely?
It's not like we have "Annie Hall" in the list.

Afterwords is when we should dissect other's lists and maybe talk about extending or just creating a secondary list for honorable mention type flicks.
Perfectly put.

I can;t fathom the dislike of "Peeping Tom" or "Psycho" as horror movies anyway.

Pick up any remotely detailed tome on Horror films and most likely "Tom" will be there and "Psycho" most definitely.

A killer who dresses as his dead Mother, whose decayed corpse he keeps in the cellar, who goes around sticking big knives into people and dumping their bodies in the swamp...including a naked woman in a shower...And that's not a horror film?

And simply add more gore to "Tom" and you have a basic set-up that mirrors Lustig's "Maniac".
And for it's time it's strong stuff and was one of the most controversially violent and disturbed films of its time that destroyed its director's career.
Seems these are two valid entries to me.

My only real problem is "Aliens". But as enough of us voted for it, and as it still manages to straggle the line between the two genres, I'm not bothered about it being there.

.....says he who hath voted twice...:biggrin:
Hey, the poll was deliberately setup to allow for it! My indecisiveness has been explicitly planned for.

By the by, I agree with basically everything 42nd just said. But either way I'm glad nobody's getting too worked up about the definitions. The list is shaping up nicely and it was never going to please everyone completely, anyway.

I'll try to get the revised and ordered list to you before Sunday Des, Sunday is out because of football so it will probably be tonight or tomorrow. M'kay?

At least get the list up and going before there are new horror films released in the next 50 years that might be good enough to be included and thus debated on.

This is for people who didn't number/order their initial lists, yeah? 'Cuz I put them number things on mine already, so I just want to make sure I'm not holding anything up.

Now you need to number the list that Des posted in the other thread. You rank all the ties according to whatever order you see fit and when you get down to the bottom you'll end up omitting a few of the films that only had 4 votes. And then Des will go and do a recount of the orders of everyone's lists and then we'll be almost done with this first 100.