Do You Buy Used DVDs?

Tools    

Do you buy used DVDs?
65.00%
39 votes
Sure, so far so good.
8.33%
5 votes
Yes, it worked except for that one time...
13.33%
8 votes
Only if they guarantee the item is in 'new' condition.
13.33%
8 votes
No way, Jose.
60 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Why not? If it is cheaper...

never only Brand new ones

No, I don't. I got ripped off once and that was enough.

If I buy a movie, I almost always buy it used or I wait for a copy to become available used. My favourite used place is The Beat Goes On, which can be accessed on the web (beatgoeson.com). It has used CDs, DVDs, and games and there are branches all over Ontario that you can search using their online database. Its fantastic.

I love buying used DVDs and CDs. Its cheap and reliable; I haven't had anything bad yet [touch wood] and I have a vast collection.

This One Time At Band Camp...
I haven't had any problem with it so far. I don't think I would buy used or previously viewed from a DVD store they have been through to many hands, but if one person is selling something and it is in great condition then yes.

Byproduct of the World Ending
I almost always will buy movies used enless its THAT good that i will buy it as soon as it releases, i buy mine at a local shop 3 for 10 dollars and ontop of that get a 10% discount (granted the 3 for 10 are 2 years or older movies usualy)

One person's trash is another person's treasure. Some of my best stuff was bought used.

I don't because when I have enough $$$ to buy one which is very rare for this high school kid I get it new.

I have to buy used DVD's, how else will I be able to get my collection into the thousands.

I will go to places in the mall and video store that have a 30 day guarante that comes with it.

I bought 1 once and it was okay!

Yes, I did when I bought VHS, and I do now with DVDs. They can be allot cheaper, and have a 30-60 day guarantee, so why not!?!
Actually, more times than not, the damaged one will still burn properly, so if it is one that is impossible to find, like one here recently that my children wanted, I simply ripped, burned, and threw the previously viewed copy in the trash. The one I made from it works just fine. The scratches on the DVD are usually the only thing that makes it not play right, but normally the information in the DVD itself is still OK.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Yep, much cheaper than new!!

love peace and chicken grease
I Only Buy New Ones
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

Originally Posted by Veronica
My favourite used place is The Beat Goes On, which can be accessed on the web (beatgoeson.com)
I visit their website and their local store locations quite often, but I rarely find the deals one would think they would have...I find their DVD's to be only $2 or $3 cheaper than new (which is hardly worth it)...where as Blackbuster/Rogers Video/Cash Converters etc. etc seem to have a lot better deals, usually $10 to $12 cheaper than new...

Horrorphiliac