I just can't share you.

Tools    

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
I'm sorry MoFo's but its true.

I was at work the other day and a work mate (who I occasionally talk movies with) asked me how my day was. I told her how it was good, I'd reconnected with a movie site I hadn't used it ages and it was great to have a place to chat about movies without people getting a glazed look in there eyes as you natter on.

Then, she gets this excited look on her face and says

"Oh wow, that would be fantastic!"

It was that moment. That moment right there, that I realised I just don't want to share you. I love this place, and I love that no one in my outside world is on here.

So here I am looking at this girl, knowing full well she's expecting me to tall her what the site is, and I just say quickly

"Yeah movie sites are great"

and quickly change the subject.

Again, sorry. I love ya and all movie lovers should get to enjoy you, but my dear MoFo's, I just can't share you.. yet.

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

Dear god woman have you lost your mind! Share us! Share us to the world! We need exposure if were ever to compete with Aint It Cool, Rotten Tomatoes, or some other pipe dream of a movie buff haven.

We can shape the world. Better yet....we can shape hollywood! Producers will send out their marketing monkies (yknow the ones that attacked the russians in the last Indiana Jones & The Crystal Skull) to find out what we like. Our tastes are better than the mainstream viewer, and much better than whatever bizarro test audience hollywood uses to get opinion.

Your friend could become the head of Universal Studios, or Disney! Now we'll never know the greatness we could have achieved.

This would be a great time for a picure Sally Field in Norma Rae holding up the "Union" sign but instead it saying "MovieForums.com" but photoshop's too expensive.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i like that you didn't share it with her. it's cool that this place can be a little sanctuary for some people. then you have no inhibitions or anything, you know?

anyway. this site really isn't in need of exposure, at least not the type that results from what you tell one person.

i like that you didn't share it with her. it's cool that this place can be a little sanctuary for some people. then you have no inhibitions or anything, you know?

anyway. this site really isn't in need of exposure, at least not the type that results from what you tell one person.

I agree, I think it is quite awesome in fact - bravo.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If this place turns into Aint It Cool News, I'm leaving.

Suspect's Reviews

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
Your friend could become the head of Universal Studios, or Disney! Now we'll never know the greatness we could have achieved.
If my friend is capable of becoming the head of Universal Studios or Disney, then she's capable of finding these forums on her own

Plus come on, if someone really wants to find some movie forums to write on.. www.movieforums.com isn't the stealthiest of site names

No one in my life knows I'm here, and I aim to keep it that way. That's why I don't have photos floating around everywhere.

Family member: "Lisa, why is your photo on this site?"

Me: "Oh my God! Someone stole my identity!"

It could happen.

I don't care who knows I'm here, in fact, I have this theory that my membership here is actually detrimental to the overall site in general. But I get the sentiment in the other direction too. I mean, I've been on facebook for a few weeks now and its insane how much attention one can get there if one is inclined to do so. So yeah, having a nice close knit community can be a very good thing.

Ironic how Australians invented word of mouth marketing.

I do think it's a cute sentiment though. I won't say I haven't felt the same thing! ^_^

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i wouldn't care if anyone from my real life found me here, generally because i think i come off better on here than i do in person.

which i guess is kinda sad.

Semper Fooey
If I told anyone where I go on the Internet, their eyes would glaze over.

No one wants my friends on here. Trolling everywhere.

Lots of my friends know i am here no one has ever asked me if they can join not sure why

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I think there should be less members.

Purge the infidels!

Semper Fooey
I think there should be less members.

Purge the infidels!
I know a site where there are just three people. Is that less enough?

This site needs more black people.