Old Kung Fu Movie

Tools    

Hi,

I have been looking for an old school kung fu movie I saw a couple of times as a kid. My memory is very sketchy and limited but hopefully I will give enought info for someone to know what I am talking about.

The only hard memory I have is: 2 guys were fighting and one guy was rendered blind during the fight (I don't remember how -- could have been sand in the eyes or gouging of the eyes). Since he could not see, he had to use his hearing to locate his opponent while fighting. I specifically remember the camera would show a close up of the "blind" guy's ear. His ear was slightly moving (almost pulsating) as he concentrated on listening to his opponent to locate his position. His opponent would walk slowly to prevent the "blind" guy from hearing him. I think they both had that long hair you see in alot of old kung fu flicks.

I think the "blind" guy's opponent's name was iron foot....but I am not sure.

This is all I remember of this movie....but the close up of the guys ear should be very specific and someone out there may know just the flick I am talking about.

It is NOT that Jean Claude van Damm movie when he was fighting Bolo....I think van Damm copied the blinded concept off of the movie (most likely made in 1970s) I am talking about.

That sounds like the final fight in Jackie Chan's Drunken Master.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Oh. I just saw DM again the other day, and i don't remember a blinded-finale. It was more a Ms Chan triumphs finale Tho the nemesis did have a name based around his foot/leg/kick. Basically, don't remember an ear-close-up section.

Gonna get round to some of your recos soon Mairo, but unfortunatley, the best the best video store in my area can do is a smattering of 70s classics (still wanna see Samo's ghost/trad-but-silly-hopping-vampire one. But i always forget its name. Do you know which one i mean M? They don't have it anyway )

Aren't there a couple of occasions in Jet Lee's earlier films where he does both blindfolded and blinded shenanigans? Tho he's got the traditional cropped fore-head, not long flowing hair. Sorry scratch - it sounds familiar, but no idea which film.

Hi
The only movie I can think of that would specifically emphasize the close up of the ear is Jimmy Wang Yu's "Master of the Flying Guillotine." I remember specifically the enemy using his ear mostly, and Wang Yu walking slowly to prevent noise.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0072913/#comment

Lemme know..

First I would like say thanks to yall far helping....

I remember the "blind" guy did resort back to his days of training while blind folded. Golgot mentioning about blind folded training brought that memory back to me. It's like putting pieces of a puzzle back together.

I am putting the above suggested titles on my Christmas list.

But the most specific part is that close up of the ear and it was slightly moving.

Someone on another board suggested the movie is Kid With The Golden Arm......for some reason, I remember this name and more confidently can associate that title to the movie I remember. Does this name ring a bell for anyone?

Hi
I have the Kid with the golden arm actually, so i can rewatch it and tell you by tonight.

Originally Posted by Tuna
I have the Kid with the golden arm actually, so i can rewatch it and tell you by tonight.
GREAT!!!!!!!!

Hi
crap i didn't have enough time apparently =/ tomorrow i'll try.

Originally Posted by Tuna
crap i didn't have enough time apparently =/ tomorrow i'll try.
No prob.....