Know any Dark / Gothic BUT Colorful / Cartoonish works? Examples:

Tools    

- Tim Burton's movies (such as his Batman franchise, Nightmare Before Christmas, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Alice in Wonderland);

- The Cell 2001 (it's on a darker side atmosphere and story wise, but it does have some creative use of vibrant colors that makes you feel like you are in a theatre or some dystopian dream... which was the point, I guess);

- Hellboy;

- Sin City (it's violent and dark at 1st glance, but it's also very stylized / comicbook-like, has sporadic but significant use of contrasting colors, and has quite a silly / over the top action);

- Dark City;

- The City of Lost Children;

- Coraline;

-The Addams Family (maybe a little too focused on comedy, but still it fits).

Fritz the Cat?

Here are some you may want to check out

Blade Runner
Suspiria
What Dreams May Come
The Crow
Brazil (1985)
Pan's Labyrinth
Brotherhood Of The Wolf
Immortal (2004)
The Matrix
Watchmen
Tokyo Drifter (1966)

Here are some you may want to check out

Blade Runner
Suspiria
What Dreams May Come
The Crow
Brazil (1985)
Pan's Labyrinth
Brotherhood Of The Wolf
Immortal (2004)
The Matrix
Watchmen
Tokyo Drifter (1966)

Your suggestions reminded me of Beyond The Black Rainbow, which was a weird mix of sci fi with psychological thriller / horror, but some of its aesthetics were mesmerizing.

Also, thanks for the reply!

Same to others here! Keep em coming, if you can remember something else!

What Dreams May Come is not Gothic but has some very visually colorful scenes. It's dark since it involves death.

What Dreams May Come is not Gothic but has some very visually colorful scenes. It's dark since it involves death.
I almost didn't add that one or Tokyo Drifter. I also didn't realize that they remade Suspiria. I was thinking of the one from 1977. I don't watch too much horror, but there are some Asian horror movies that are very dark and full of color. I was trying to find one from Hong Kong that I saw a portion of a while back which would have been perfect for this list. It was a dark supernatural movie and the scene I recall took place in an empty hospital that was unlit except for dim lights in various colors, but I couldn't find the title.

The Nightmare Before Christmas 1993
Alice: Madness Returns 2011
Grim Fandango 1998
Little Nightmares 2017
Beetlejuice 1988
The Addams Family 1991