Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt

Tools    

I've watched some of these guys' films recently (A Few Good Men, 4th July, Seven, Fight Club), and I'll be honest - they are very good actors. They're not just popular or hired for big films because they're good looking; they can genuinely act.

MovieForums Extra
Yeah Ollie, I agree with you, I've always thought Pitt was a talented actor, same with Tom Cruise. THe only thing that bugs me is that Tom's starting to do more action movies (which he honestly sucks at), he's much better at dramas and other non-action genres like in Magnolia, Jerry Maguire etc.

Ay, his acting in MI2 was average to bad, no doubt.

I think Brad Pitt is much better than Tom Cruise - not a knock on cruise, but rather, praise for Pitt - I used to think he was a pretty boy, but he seems like a cool guy who has some serious talent.

I love that they take such diverse roles. Even if it's a major stretch like Eyes Wide Shut and Cool World. One of my fav Pitt roles was in True Romance. The guy sat on a couch all day, but it was great. lol.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

I think a lot of the Cruise and Pitt bashing that happens on these discussion boards is based on jealousy...I think people are just jealous of the way these guys look and allow it to cloud their judgment about their talent and as far as I'm concerned, both of these actors have proven that they are more than pretty faces...with the right role, both have proven to be actors of substance.

Brad Pitt is a way better actor than Tom Cruise. In my opinion.