Getting no sound on Netflix

Tools    

Hello,

I have weird problems while watching Netflix. The audio that I am getting is very low.

The problem exists in Firefox and Google Chrome, so it's related to a codec or something.

The symptom is that SOME streaming videos don't have any audio. For example, at netflix.com, when I try to view videos, some have audio, and some don't.

When I right-click on the video and select "properties" under the "audio codec" heading, videos with working audio all display:

Windows Media Audio 9
40 kbps, 32 kHz, stereo (A/V) 1-pass CBR

and the ones that don't work display:

Windows Media Audio 9.1
32 kbps, 44 kHz, mono 1-pass CBR

I've gone through my audio codecs and I can't seem to find any way to edit the settings for "mono 1-pass CBR".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

I have weird problems while watching Netflix. The audio that I am getting is very low.

The problem exists in Firefox and Google Chrome, so it's related to a codec or something...
On Firefox and Google Chrome have you added any extensions or modifications to the browser's configuration files? I don't use GC but I do use Firefox so one thing you could try is typing about:profiles into the URL bar, then when the profile page opens click 'Create a New Profile' then click 'Launch Profile in New Browser'. That will give you a clean, unmodified browser to test the sound on Netflix with...Good luck!

Firstly, make sure your browsers and audio drivers are up to date. Then, try clearing your browser cache and cookies to give it a fresh start.

If the issue persists, you might wanna check if there are any audio settings within the browser itself. Explore the browser preferences or settings menu to see if there's anything related to audio codecs or playback.

Firstly, make sure your browsers and audio drivers are up to date. Then, try clearing your browser cache and cookies to give it a fresh start.

If the issue persists, you might wanna check if there are any audio settings within the browser itself. Explore the browser preferences or settings menu to see if there's anything related to audio codecs or playback.
I tried to reinstall the audio drivers. Even I re-installed the Google chrome on my laptop.

But the problem still persists.

On Firefox and Google Chrome have you added any extensions or modifications to the browser's configuration files? I don't use GC but I do use Firefox so one thing you could try is typing aboutrofiles into the URL bar, then when the profile page opens click 'Create a New Profile' then click 'Launch Profile in New Browser'. That will give you a clean, unmodified browser to test the sound on Netflix with...Good luck!
I don't know these technical things.

While searching for the solution I got this website called volumebooster .io

I tried it & it is working perfectly. But, I am little worry if it is the right solution or not.

While searching for the solution I got this website called volumebooster .io

I tried it & it is working perfectly. But, I am little worry if it is the right solution or not.
I just looked at volume booster extension. It looks legit it's an extension that's available in the Chrome Web Store and also at Firefox Add-Ons. Looks pretty cool to me. Glad it worked for you.

You ready? You look ready.
Check your Windows Updates and see if you have any optional updates available. If so, download and install them and sss if that resolves the issue.

EDIT: Also check that your browser is up to date by going to the about page through the settings menu.

EDIT 2: Try logging in with an incognito/private window and see if the issue still presents. That’ll rule out any third party extensions or cache data being the cause