Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte (1964)

I guess this is some type of follow-up to What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, and I can see that, and I like them both about the same. It was a little too over the top at times for my liking, but it has a great cast and plenty of great moments.

One Fine Day (1996)

For the most part, romantic comedies are not my cup of tea.

One Fine Day is an exception. Call it a guilty pleasure.

George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer have good chemistry together, and the performance of the two adorable children is..well, adorable.

The movie has more than a handful of funny moments. I presume guys would enjoy it just as much as the ladies, considering I'm a guy who enjoyed it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)

This is a unique film because all of the dialogue is sung, not spoken, but the movie itself, is more about the story, not the music. I love the way the music helps the emotional feel of the movie so well. By that I mean, you can actually feel the characters emotions changing from happy to sad, etc., just by listening to the tone of the music.

Geneviève and her mother remind me of a little bit of Maria and Anita from West Side Story, basically due to the way they fight over the boy she likes, and the shop setting.

One thing that bothered me a little bit, (but not enough to take away from my enjoyment of the movie), was when Geneviève's mother went to sell her necklace. She brought it to the shop to sell, then she left it with a stranger, getting no receipt, no money, and no guarantee that she would ever see this man again. Plus, they didn't even agree on a price before she left the store. (Like i said, it's not a big deal. It's just me being a little bit nitpicky.)

This is, by far, my favorite foreign film. I would love to see an English language version of this movie, pretty much exactly like this movie, only with English dialogue.

The Hobbit The battle of five armies 7/10

Lo Sceicco Bianco (The White Sheik)
Federico Fellini
Didn't like this as much as his first film. I thought the female lead was very annoying, and the actors were not so great in general. However, the story is interesting and the sountrack is good.
+

Well I'm really into foreign movies, mostly Bollywood but the last American movie I saw was As Above So Below. That movie tremendous and I was pleasantly surprised as to the out come of the movie. Even though my favorite character didn't make it to the end, I found it to be a great movie.

8/10.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
It's funny the separation between Hollywood and "foreign". For me, as I'm not American and Portuguese cinema sucks, every movie I see it's foreign! :-P

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte (1964)

I guess this is some type of follow-up to What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, and I can see that, and I like them both about the same. It was a little too over the top at times for my liking, but it has a great cast and plenty of great moments.
I still have to watch that one to the 1964 list!

Master of My Domain
It's funny the separation between Hollywood and "foreign". For me, as I'm not American and Portuguese cinema sucks, every movie I see it's foreign! :-P
Exactly. MovieGal's character is a foreign film loving guy, but I find it very easy to achieve myself.

Death in Venice (1971)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Coming to America

I watched the underrated gem Boomerang the other day, which any Eddie Murphy fans should seek out if they haven't seen it. After thoroughly enjoying that film, I decided to check out Netflix's selection of Murphy movies and noticed this one. I was aware of the good reputation it had, so I decided to give it a go.

The opening scenes left me lukewarm at best, but once Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall arrive in New York, it takes a significant turn for the better. Full of wonderful character actors like John Amos and Frankie Faison, the film makes the most of it's New York location and provides a humorous and comfortable experience.

It never goes too far with the comedy, something which has become a problem in Hollywood in recent years. I don't think it's Eddie Murphy's best film, nor one of the great comedies, but it's entertaining throughout and contains some great New York character too.

This was my 3rd Godard film; I loved Contempt and disliked Breathless.
That's interesting, those were my first two Godard movies as well. I had the opposite reaction though, I loved Breathless but I was apathetic towards Contempt. I could see the intrigue, and the score was breathtaking, but overall I regard it as an interesting failure. I don't have access to Band of Outsiders but I'm going to watch Pierrot Le Fou and Alphaville soon I think.

Coming to America is hilarious, my favorite character is the building manager which is weird considering he has only like five-ten of minutes screen time. This scene though:

The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938) Repeat viewing

Quite simply one of my favorite adventures and love stories with just the perfect amount of humor. The cast is great and the color is awesome to look at. It's so much fun, it makes me feel how I felt as a kid watching The Wizard of Oz and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Goodbye to Language
Jean-Luc Godard, 2014

The Imitation Game
Morten Tyldum, 2014

The Interview
Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen, 2014

Top Five
Chris Rock, 2014

Wild
Jean-Marc Vallée, 2014

Exactly. MovieGal's character is a foreign film loving guy, but I find it very easy to achieve myself.
My character? You mean the actor that's always in my avatar? Yeah... I love foreign film and being American.... I sometimes would rather watch a foreign film than a Hollywood film... why? American cinema relies to much on cgi anymore, foreign films definitely rely on acting ability.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Very short and funny scene from Coming to America and vintage Murphy.