Sci-Fi Recommendations

Tools    

Some more Sci Fi animation:

Makoto Shinkai's romance movies in Sci Fi setting:

The Place Promised in our Early Days

Voices of a Distant Star

Also, besides Gunbuster, Hideaki Anno did some other cool sci fi animated movies:

EVA 1.0

EVA 2.0

EVA 3.0

Also, how could I forget:

Dragon's Heaven

Black Magic M-66

Also, I recall a very good Appleseed OVA from the 80's which is better than the two CGI movies made later.

Appleseed (1988)

M.D. Geist (1986)

Perhaps the first pure sci fi action animation ever.

Macross: do You Remember Love (1984)

Does anyone who has seen Stalker think it should count or is it more fantasy? i don't know much about it but i've seen it classed as both.
Stalker is sci fi. One of the most minimalistic sci fi ever.

Dragonball Z Broly The Legendary Super Sayian

Dragonball Z Return Of Cooler

Dragonball Z Android 13

Dragonball Z The Tree Of Might

Madness is the emergency exit…
Mario Bava's Planet of the Vampires (1965)

Robinson Crusoe on Mars (1964)

and Hammer's Quatermass Trilogy:

The Quatermass Xperiment (1955), Quatermass 2 (1957) & Quatermass and the Pit (1967)

Journey To The Centre Of The Earth (Gertrude should have been at least nominated for an Oscar imo)

Destination Moon (1950)

Probably my favorite early reality-based science fiction.
I say reality-based because it's about a rocket launch to the moon, but there are no aliens, no giant monsters to fight, no women from Venus in evening gowns, and no ray guns. (Although there is a short Woody Woodpecker training cartoon within the film!)
The movie attempts to be technically accurate - 19 years before the actual moon landing.
Some things in the film turned out to be terribly inaccurate and others were spot-on.
The acting's pretty rough, but the special effects are great for the time period!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Dagnammit!

Captain Steel just reminded me of another one and I've already sent in...

Capricorn One

Crapdamnit.

I'll never understand why some people are in such a rush to send in their list, only to realize later that they forgot a movie, (or sometimes more than one movie), that would have been on their list.

Some cool live action sci fi movies that haven't been mentioned yet:

Also we should never forget Tarkovsky's ski fi movies.

I also remembered a couple of good animated sci fi movies:

Well The Sayians and even Namekians are aliens that come too earth and capsol corp and those capsol houses are so tech science like. Also In Dragonball Super we learn there is 12 Galazies and there is a Space Dragon where the balls are the size of Moons.