What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher

Remastered Kitano on Blu Ray? Consider them pre-ordered. Now to wait patiently for Sonatine...

Unlike the other three, this one is actually in transit.

Nothing says Christmas quite like a Werner Herzog box set.

Long time since I last bought a DVD since everything nowadays is streamed anyway. I can say that I did get a DVD as a gift recently. It was Interstellar. Damn good movie.

My most recent acquisitions...

All are upgrades from dvd except The Machine. Went for the R2 UK disc as it's much cheaper. The Rabid steelbook edition was also cheaper than the standard edition at the time ordering - I don't usually collect tins. So glad to get rid of my old Prism dvd as the picture was awful. Would go for the Arrow steelbook of Shivers too but for the missing twenty five seconds controversy. As soon as they sort it out I'll be all over that one because the much like Rabid; the Prism dvd is atrocious.

Used Cars was a Christmas present from my wife and ended up costing her nothing.

Yup me too. It's horrible.

Incidentally how's that Arrow blu ray edition of The Long Good Friday working out? Heard the remaster is amazing. I'm still stuck with the Anchor Bay three disc collector's dvd that includes a CD of the soundtrack.

Sadly I've not gotten around to it yet.

That disc was an upgrade to an upgrade - I still have the original Anchor Bay Blu Ray if it's any use to you.

I'd happily take it off your hands but somehow doubt you'd want to post it to Canada

I could offer you my R2 dual format edition of Rolling Thunder as a trade. I recently bought the Shout Factory release because my old copy got slightly damaged in the move (small hole in the front cover).

I'd happily take it off your hands but somehow doubt you'd want to post it to Canada

I could offer you my R2 dual format edition of Rolling Thunder as a trade. I recently bought the Shout Factory release because my old copy got slightly damaged in the move (small hole in the front cover).
Ha, I'd forgotten you'd relocated. To be honest, it probably wouldn't even be worth the postage - You can pick up that edition brand new for buttons and it's not even 1080p, more like 1080i.

It appealed to me in a manner I haven't seen from other comedies.

i bought 50 shades f gray last valentine

Ha, I'd forgotten you'd relocated. To be honest, it probably wouldn't even be worth the postage - You can pick up that edition brand new for buttons and it's not even 1080p, more like 1080i.
Makes sense. I realised right after posting it isn't worth it, and the Arrow release is the one I really want. Now if only Arrow could sort out Hodges' Get Carter since Warner decided to put back the US dub segment for the BD. Crazy.

Remastered Kitano on Blu Ray? Consider them pre-ordered. Now to wait patiently for Sonatine...
Hana-bi arrived today and it looks like a fantastic transfer. The R2 DVD was, in places, little better than VHS quality so I'm pretty happy.