Sigourney Weaver appreciation thread

Tools    

Sigourney is awesome.
She sure is.
I wish she would run for president.

She's aging nicely lol.
Like a nice cheese.

Haven't updated this one in a while...

In recent years, Sigourney still works quite a bit, turning up in supporting roles in genre films like Joss Whedon's The Cabin in the Woods, the comedy Cedar Rapids, or a genre comedy like Paul. She did star in the USA cable mini-series "Political Animals" and the TV movie "Prayers for Bobby", both of which netted her Golden Globe and Emmy nominations. Oh, and she was in something called Avatar that made a billion dollars.

She will be in a few high profile upcoming projects. She's in Neill Blankamp's Chappie with Hugh Jackman, re-teaming with Ridley Scott for his Moses epic Exodus: Gods & Kings starring Christian Bale, and she is in all three of Cameron's proposed Avatar sequels.

She'll turn sixty-five in October, and still going strong.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	lately.jpg
Views:	807
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	15861   Click image for larger version

Name:	later.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	15862  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Weaver is definitely an actress who never disappoints and never seems to get type-cast or peigon-holed either. Comedy or drama, she can do it all. I have to give a shout out to one of her least talked-about performances...Working Girl. The performance is perfection. How this woman doesn't have an Oscar on her mantle is a mystery.

I would say that she is most likely my favorite actress. Just so many good or great movies, and she's always terrific. Like Holden said in his initial post, everyone should watch Death and the Maiden. It's an awesome and intense movie; easily one of the most underappreciated films I can think of.

Love Sigourney, one of my favorite actresses, and a total beauty. Seems like the coolest chick in real life as well.

Next Sigourney can be seen as the villainess that unites the Marvel Netflix heroes of "Daredevil", "Jessica Jones", "Luke Cage", and "Iron Fist" into the Avengers-Lite team of "The Defenders". Available to stream on August 18th.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	defend.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	30183  

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Thanks for bumping. This thread was a ripping good read. I've liked her in everything I've seen her in - The gal's got range! Gorillas in the Mist inspired me to hang out with mountain gorillas.