Crank

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
What was wrong with it? It was just sit back and disengage fun hitting all the right buttons on the way.
Everything. What I especially thought was the most assinine thing was that he needed to have sex to stay alive. How fu*ked up is that.

I keep hearing that this is so good but I just cant believe that it can be.

just like another steven segal movie where in they dont get a scratch after fighting or blown out. i hate those kind of movies.

Some times it's good to take a break from high-quality movies, and just turn off your logical part of the brain and just kick back to enjoy a movie like Crank, even though it may seem like a dumb or pointless movie. Why is it good? So you can appreciate your good taste in quality movies.

It could of been alot better than it was.

Donkey Punch-Drunk Love
Jason Statham is amazing, but I was disappointed in the plot. The whole "standing on the motorbike" and "cell phone call while falling 500 ft from a helicopter" kinda ruined it for me.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Maybe i was just a mood to be easily entertained then. Plus i do like Jason Statham as a lead man.
I loved this flick from start to finish. Just over all fun. I could not for the life of me stop laughing at Statham's all too serious tude while he was a man with a mission of revenge.

I thought this movie was going to be awful and it really wasn't. I really like Jason Statum (I realize I absolutely butched his last name but you get the idea.)

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I had to fight every molecule in my body not to walk out of this craptacular turkey, perhaps being wedged into a small seat 30,000 feet above land also helped, but I was sorely tempted.
I honestly thought after " Revolver " that it would be some time before I wanted to poke out my eyeballs with a blunt spoon, boy was I wrong!
Clumsy script, crap acting ( I used to like Amy Smart, but surely her career can't hit any lower than this) terrible fight /action scenes, cliche after cliche, there is absolutely nothing about this film that I can recommend, I was only surprised that Uwe Boll hadn't directed it.
Will somebody please tell Jason Statham that he can't act and that his two cheeky cockney roles for Guy Ritchie were as good as it gets for him. He makes Keanu look like De Niro!!!!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Thoroughly enjoyed Crank.. not only did it deliver for me action wise but it also made me laugh. And as over the top as the ending was i was happy with it as, for once the good guy actually fell off the helicopter instead of climbing in.

And my missus loved it.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Ah! Another movie I'm so glad I didn't pay for or see at the theater!

However it did have some funny moments. It was flat out nuts. There was some over the top violence. It wasn't all bad.

It was exactly what I expected and more much more. They really set out to do something Spectacular and outragous. to get a kind any kind of reaction out of people. It's senseless fun yet increasingly annoying. I felt by the end of it all that they actually set out to make something awful and maybe that's why it didn't seem to bother me as much as it has to others. Yeah I wouldn't rate this highly or recommend it under any other lines the the ones i've wrote here.

"photographers" Pfft! Dang single framers!
Some times it's good to take a break from high-quality movies, and just turn off your logical part of the brain and just kick back to enjoy a movie like Crank, even though it may seem like a dumb or pointless movie. Why is it good? So you can appreciate your good taste in quality movies.
That's true, Jack, but this movie was just too much. I didn't hate it, and I forgave the "disengage brain" form of entertainment, it just got on my nerves.
I must be getting old. I won't condemn it, but I won't suggest it, either.

i think this average action movie

I will absolutely agree with opinion who has created a theme. (This cinema really tended to my requirement for violence and there was some floor and drugs)

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I thought it was fun--you've got to take these kind of movies for what they are. Nice to see Dwight Yoakum too, he had a good role.

I repeated that line to my sister, who laughed uproariously. I think there's a good chance that becomes a niche meme among me and my friends/family.

"The movie sucked, but there was some floor and drugs, so it wasn't all bad."

I have to admit, though: that scene with the drugs? There was totally a floor in it. Most people don't notice that. I mean, really: how often do you look at a man's floor?