100.00%
1 votes
Yes
0%
0 votes
Hmmm
1 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Dear my friends,

I kindly ask your HELP. I was a child (around 15 years ago), I watched a romantic thriller movie on HBO or Cinemax (I am not sure). There are few things I still remember about this movie, which are:

1. The movie was an romantic thriller movie which seemed to be made in 1980s or 1990s.

2. The movie was about a man, a woman (they are in love each other) and a serial killer. The killer always did video recording and rape his female victims.

3. At the end of the movie, when the killer showed himself in front of the woman in a house, he threatened the woman by using a knife (I think?!) and supposed to rape her while doing video recording. The woman tried to escaped. The movie was ended up when the killer was killed by gun (shotgun).

I wish you could help me to find out the name of this movie.

Thank you very very much for your time

Please guys (

freedom~empathy~peace
The plot you have described was used in a whole lot of thriller films in the 80s and 90s. Can you recall any other details that might help narrow the search a bit?

Was there something special about the film that has made you decide to look for it now?

Thank you very much for your response.

As far as I remember, there 02 other things related to my mentioned movie.

1. There was a kiss scene between a man and a woman outside (maybe in the forest). They talked, tasted the fresh mushroom and then kissed each other (while still having mushroom in their mouth).

2. As I mentioned above, at the end of the movie, the killer was killed by gun. Before that, the man was locked in the police car because police thought he was a killer. The man tried and successfully got out of the car. He ran into the house to save his woman.

I am not 100% sure these 2 additional details are in the move. However, could you name me any movies that are similar to my description please?

Thank you so much and have a lovely day

The plot you have described was used in a whole lot of thriller films in the 80s and 90s. Can you recall any other details that might help narrow the search a bit?

Was there something special about the film that has made you decide to look for it now?

freedom~empathy~peace
I did a bit of searching and I've found a film from 1993 called 'Die Watching' with the following plot description:

".....[the] serial killer films his victims as he ends their lives - this way, they can see themselves dying...."

Somebody has uploaded the whole film to youtube so you can check it out and see if it is the one you saw.
Here is the link:

I did a bit of searching and I've found a film from 1993 called 'Die Watching' with the following plot description:

".....[the] serial killer films his victims as he ends their lives - this way, they can see themselves dying...."

Somebody has uploaded the whole film to youtube so you can check it out and see if it is the one you saw.
Here is the link:
I found that one as well, but it just sounded a bit too different from the description.

I also found titles called The Art of Dying and Dangerous Love, but none of them seem quite right.

What's frustrating is that the description slightly rings a bell with me.

EDIT: Fatal Frames also has that video tape element.

Night Vision (1997)

Video Murders (1988)

Midnight 2 (1993)

These all have killers who film their victims, but none of them exactly match the description.

freedom~empathy~peace
.....but none of them exactly match the description....
Yes, I've just skipped through 'Die Watching' and I think you're correct, it's probably not the same film -- the ending is all wrong for one thing. Never mind, maybe one of the other films you've found will be the one

Yes, I've just skipped through 'Die Watching' and I think you're correct, it's probably not the same film -- the ending is all wrong for one thing. Never mind, maybe one of the other films you've found will be the one
I've spent quite a bit of my Sunday trying to find a video camera-wielding rapist/serial killer getting killed with a shotgun and NO DICE!

freedom~empathy~peace
> Takoma11

Yep, you say to yourself:
"this film shouldn't be too difficult to track down -- I'll just spend ten minutes on a quick search"

....four hours later....

Thank you very much for your kind of help, my friend.
I watched all the movies that you mentioned. Unfortunately, none of them are right
Have you found any other movies? or can you suggest me any other websites/forums that I can ask for help?

I've spent quite a bit of my Sunday trying to find a video camera-wielding rapist/serial killer getting killed with a shotgun and NO DICE!

Thank you, Sir.
I wish I could find out that movie. Whenever I know it, my life is freaking complete LOL.

Do you have any movies that quite similar to mine?

> Takoma11

Yep, you say to yourself:
"this film shouldn't be too difficult to track down -- I'll just spend ten minutes on a quick search"

....four hours later....
Oh, at this point I'm wise enough to know it's almost never ten minutes.

To the OP: I assume that this film was in English?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Oh, at this point I'm wise enough to know it's almost never ten minutes.

To the OP: I assume that this film was in English?
Sorry, no. Romanian B/W.

Seriously though, hats off to all working this puzzle.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Last Stop on 13th Street (aka House of the Dead) is an anthology which has a segment where a guy lures women to his apartment and films himself killing them.

The Finishing Touch (1992) has a serial killer who films victims. https://letterboxd.com/film/the-fini...-1992/details/

It kinda sounds like “True Romance”.

No Sir. It was not the movie. Thank you so much for your suggestion. I believe that
I will never find out the answer TT.TT
It kinda sounds like “True Romance”.